Synergy Sub-10 Subwoofer stopped working.

mode

Hi, I've had the Synergy Sub-10 for a little over a year, never had any problems with it. It was great. Until recently it just stopped working. I came home from work, and realized it wasnt working. I checked the fuse, and its fine, ive tried another reciever, and nothing. It powers up, but its still not working. I tried another monster cable as well. I have no clue what could have happened? Has anyone had the same problem as me? Any suggestions as to how I could get it working again would be great! Thanks in advance.

Mark.

I have the exact same problem. I bought the Sub-10 just over a year ago, last night I tried watching a movie and was getting no bass. The sub was powered up, but no sound. I too tried another receiver, another cable, checked the fuse, and nothing. This morning while messing around with it some more I was able to get some "buzzing" for bass sounds if I turned the gain all the way up, but that was all it could muster. I'm assuming this sub is still under the 2-year manufacturer's warranty... I guess I'm going to pursue getting it fixed under the warranty... I don't have any other ideas at this point.

Jon

I have the exact same problem. I bought the Sub-10 just over a year ago, last night I tried watching a movie and was getting no bass. The sub was powered up, but no sound. I too tried another receiver, another cable, checked the fuse, and nothing. This morning while messing around with it some more I was able to get some "buzzing" for bass sounds if I turned the gain all the way up, but that was all it could muster. I'm assuming this sub is still under the 2-year manufacturer's warranty... I guess I'm going to pursue getting it fixed under the warranty... I don't have any other ideas at this point.

Jon

Yeah, I was too able to get some buzzing, but still not working. Really starting to bother me not having my sub working :(

A few of these damaged Sub-10 subs have been auctioned on ebay recently with that exact problem. Klipsch does not offer a repair service, and the replacement amp is about $160 as I recall, so be glad you have a warranty.

I would guess Klipsch will not even try to diagnose the problem, and just plug in a new board, but if you can ask Klipsch to report to you what particularly failed on your units, please post it for the benefit of future owners and for when the warranty expires.

just in case you dont see the original post i'll copy it here.

just picked up my sub today. still not sure exactly what was wrong with it. the guy at BB said "it had a bad wire" i said "a bad wire, was it loose?" he said "yep they had to replace one of the amps" i said "they replaced the amp for a bad wire" he said "yep, bad wire at the fuse" i just checked it for any damage and left.

• 4 weeks later...

I browsed the search results "Klipsch SUB-10" on Google, and someone sells the subs for like $60 a piece I think.....

If the amps are $160 you could build 2 Klipsch SUB-10's for the price of one if you built box's for them.

I hope this problem isn't as routine as my ProMedia computer speakers from them were. They died so much I stopped reparing my own 2 sets (yes I had 2 sets...so it wasn't a luck of the draw). My friend had a set also and he quit trying to get his to work long ago. New midrange drivers don't fix anything either. Try some other subs with ohm's that will handle...like 8 ohm.

Best Buy called yesterday (5 weeks after I dropped off the sub for the warranty repair) and said it was the amp and Klipsch is not making the amp anymore. They told me to come in and they would just give me a new one. Of course when I got there they didn't have any (besides the floor model). So I split the difference with them and bought the Sub-12... we'll hope for better luck with this one. At least I noticed that the Sub-12 has a 5 year warranty rather than the 2 year warranty on the Sub-10... hopefully this one will last more than 12 months. On a side note, you would think going into Best Buy to pick up a replacement would be simple... it took an hour and 15 minutes from the moment I stepped in the door to the moment I was back in my car... not exactly a smooth process. Oh well... we'll hope for the best.

Jon

I bought my Sub-10 on Black Friday and it died yesterday (12/8/06). It lasted exactly 2 weeks. I jumped through the same hoops as everyone else did who has replied to this posting. After confirming that my 1015TX was not at fault, I returned by sub to BestBuy for an exchange and I added a 4 year service plan. Klipsch seems to have issues with the amplifier in this particular sub and my bargain may turn out to be another nightmare. Biweekly trips to BestBuy woud not be fun. The new sub is working for the time being but I am nervous.

I bought my Sub-10 on Black Friday and it died yesterday (12/8/06). It lasted exactly 2 weeks. I jumped through the same hoops as everyone else did who has replied to this posting. After confirming that my 1015TX was not at fault, I returned by sub to BestBuy for an exchange and I added a 4 year service plan. Klipsch seems to have issues with the amplifier in this particular sub and my bargain may turn out to be another nightmare. Biweekly trips to BestBuy woud not be fun. The new sub is working for the time being but I am nervous.

I got a Sub-10 on my bday from Best Buy (got it dec 8th), it died within a week as well :(

• 3 years later...

My Synergy Sub-12 Subwoofer just quit working as well. I bought it new at Best Buy in December 2006. Just left Best Buy and was told that it was "out of the 2-year warranty" time frame.

Who told you it was under a 5-year warranty?

According to Best Buy/Geek Squad...

What to do now???

My Synergy Sub-12 Subwoofer just quit working as well. I bought it new at Best Buy in December 2006. Just left Best Buy and was told that it was "out of the 2-year warranty" time frame.

Who told you it was under a 5-year warranty?

According to Best Buy/Geek Squad...

What to do now???

When I bought my Sub-12 (aug/08) it came with a 5 year warrenty, I filled out the card and mailed it to them. Maybe Best Buy only looks after it for 2 years then after that its up to you to contact klipsch for repair?? I would call Klipsch direct, I have heard they have great customer care.