Need help deciding RW10 - RSW10 or SUB12 - please read

fishairflow

Dear friends - I am just a newbie...and I have stumbled upon an oppurtunity - which I think i quite rare -

I have the following options -

RW10 - BRAND NEW - for 250

RSW 10 BRAND NEW FOR 400

RW12 - new looking - but floor model for 300

and I was thinking about getting the rsw10 - but then I saw that bestbuy has synergy sub10 and sub12 on sale... for 300 and 400 .

Now initially my porblem was that I was happy with the rsw10 but then I think that it is quite outdated - and I should stick with rw10.

Out of all of these - which one is the best bang for the buck? I mean I don't want to spend the extra cash if I am not going to see any difference....

by the way - all are from a well respected dealer...

and I was thinking about getting the rsw10 - but then I saw that bestbuy has synergy sub10 and sub12 on sale... for 300 and 400 .

Huh? What's the conflict? The RSW series sub, especially at $400, is in a whole other league than the Sub10 and Sub12.

Now initially my porblem was that I was happy with the rsw10 but then I think that it is quite outdated - and I should stick with rw10.

Why is it "outdated"? It's no more outdated than the other subs you mention.

Out of all of these - which one is the best bang for the buck? I mean I don't want to spend the extra cash if I am not going to see any difference....

Without a doubt, at that price, the RSW10 is the best bang for the buck.

Not really sure what you're confused about; it's a "no-brainer" to me.

so it is worth spending other 150 bucks to pick up the rsw10?

The only reason why I say it is outdated is because the following dates

1. RSW10 made in 2001

2. RW10 made in 2003

3. Sub10/12 made in 2005

I apologize for not making myself clear - what I meant was rsw10 - which is discontinued - not the RSW10D.......

so it is worth spending other 150 bucks to pick up the rsw10?

The only reason why I say it is outdated is because the following dates

1. RSW10 made in 2001

2. RW10 made in 2003

3. Sub10/12 made in 2005

I apologize for not making myself clear - what I meant was rsw10 - which is discontinued - not the RSW10D.......

The RW10 may have been made in 2003, but it's the same sub that was available in 2001. The Sub10 and 12 are newer subwoofers, but are part of the entry-level Synergy series. I know that you are not talking about the RSW10-d. The RSW10 will trounce both the RW10 and Sub10. You said the Sub12 and RSW10 were the same price. These may be worth comparing, but the RSW10 is a superior product to the Sub12, and at that price, again, it's a "no-brainer".

THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!

I have the product set up and running...untill now I did not know what people meant when they say deep / base - etc....

RIGHT NOW - there is a comercial playing on discovery channel - and I am in another room - and i F E E L - not only hear - F E E L the base..its hard to put it in words...but its as if there are invisible vibrations....- this is what people call base???

I actually purchased both RW10 and rsw10 - and I said that I would return the one I did not keep in am...and guess what - the RW10 be going back....

ONCE AGAIN - I am grateful to all you guys who answered...I was searching for answers since yesterday am...

One more thing - there is no lfe input - I just disabled the LFE - and have the subwoofer wire going directly into the white SUB IN port...is this okay???

Thanks..

Good choice,there is no doubt the RSW series plaster the RW's as far as quality goes.Not even close.The bass is cleaner and these subs are tight,defined like no Synergy or RW sub is.

Well from the receiver's sub OUT you connect to the RSW's inputs.Y at the end .

Y at the end??

So do I have it set up wrong as it is right now?

From the receiver's sub out(I assume you have it set up that way) you go to your subwoofer's(RSW10) line IN using a Y jack.

Not a must but I use Y jacks on all subs that do not have a single LFE in,if they have both(line in and LFE)I use LFE.

To all who replied - I just wanted to know that I TRULY appreciate your input...I was going crazy and pulling my hair out - more importantly - I am new at this whole stuff...and I don't know much about home theater...and on top of that - I don't have anyone who can guide me - and I really really really did not wnat to make a wrong choice...

thank you - once again :) :) :)