OT: Who is going to the Superbowl?

Colin

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Is it too early to tell?

Do the Colts and Bears deserve their current 7-0 standings?

Will either of them make it to the play-offs?

Who can stop them? Why and how?

Whose current end of October standings dont show how good they really are (Pats?) and why?

DA BEARS!

After they mop up the Dolphins next week, they have a tough road schedule...  if they can make it through November, I don't think anyone will stop them.

The Colts and DA BEARS, looks to be how it's shaping up right now. Are you from Chicago Amy? Or do you just like Dem Bears?

Bears Upcoming Games<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Wk

Date

Opponent

Time (ET)

Sun. Nov 12

@ Giants

8:15 p.m. ET

Sun. Nov 19

@ Jets

1:00 p.m. ET

Sun. Nov 26

@ Patriots

Sun. Dec 3

Vikings

Tough 3 game stretch, all on the road - Vikes are never easy but at home helps.

I agree with Amy, get through this, especially against the Giants and Pats, stay healthy, things look pretty good. If so I don't see anyone else coming out of the NFC. Giants, Saints, Falcons are pretty good though.

Out of the AFC the Colts are the real deal. NE should handle the Vikings tonight. Denver is pretty good. I'm not sold on the Ravens yet despite yesterdays win against NO.

post-17373-138193141916_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The Colts and DA BEARS, looks to be how it's shaping up right now. Are you from Chicago Amy? Or do you just like Dem Bears?

No, born and raised in Indy, but I was a football fan long before the Colts showed up on our door.

I've always liked the Bears, and have been to Soldier Field a few times (best place ever to watch a game, IMO), but I've been a Rams fan since I was about 7. They are struggling this year, and I have no delusions about their play-off hopes. Lovie Smith came to Chicago via the Rams, which is another reason I'd like to see them do well. Seems like a great guy.

When they play the Bears in December, I'll still be rooting for the Rams [:)]

People have been saying the Colts are the "real deal" for years, but they just can't seem to win the big ones. I've never been able to get into them.

Living in Knoxville and watching Peyton from UT onto the Colts, I'd love to see him win the big one (once the Bengals are eliminated). Until however, he WINS the big one, I can't cast a vote for him. Seems to me he's always making to the door of the dance but just can't ever get inside.

That said, I've gotta stay with the Bengals if for no other reason than I'm a dogmatic, thick skulled die hard who stuck with them through the "Bungals" debacle years.

(my wife would agree with dogmatic & thick skulled amongst some other choice words)

[:$]

I gotta tell ya - I'm really pulling for the Bears here - died in the wool fan since Payton came into the league. I have missed only one Bears home playoff game in the last 25 years. I never thought this team would blossom into what they have become - was definitely a doubter two years ago.

Keys to Bear success this year - TIGHT END. Having the tight ends catching passes consistently really opens things up for Rex - and it protects him, it's almost like running the ball in terms of effectiveness.

Usually one of two things happens to a team after being manhandled like in the Panthers playoff game a year ago: they rise to the occasion the following season, after understanding what it takes to win in this league - or they understand that they don't have what it takes (like the Jim Miller led club who lost to the Eagles a few years ago, and sucked the year after). I think this team is the former. They have tasted playoff football, and this year look like they have an attitiude.

IF Rex stays healthy, and Clark (TE) stays healthy, that bodes well for the Bears. If both of the aforementioned occur with additional improvement in the running game, the Bears will go to the Super Bowl. The running game is the "X Factor" here - the unproven item that will determine just how far this team can go. The have the O-Line to get it done - let's see if the backs are up to the task. I also worry about Clark getting hurt - being a pass catching TE is punishing - and if the Bears lose him, that changes the dynamic of the offense.

That three game November run will be tough, but I expect a win vs. the Jets and a win against one of the other two. Even if they lose two of three, the Bears are still on track for a 13-3 season - and that will be top seed. It's a generally weak conference, with various teams having injury and other problems.

AFC: The Colts will be bitten by the same bug that always bites them: the inability to run the ball when they have to. Peyton's gonna be the next Marino (and for the same reason) - the best QB never to win a Super Bowl. The window closed last year, IMO.

I'll take Belichick and the Pats given the 5-1 start (and up 10-0 on the Queens). He ALWAYS pushes the right buttons, and Dillon and Brady are still there. Call Denver my "dark horse" - if in the playoffs enough, eventually they might punch one through to the Super Bowl.

Being a Cowboy fan since 1972, I don't see them doing anything for a few more years. I would like to see Da Bears win it all again. After watching Brady last night I am not ready to count the Patriots out yet. I did very much enjoy watching Peyton Manning shread the mighty denver defense. I would really like to see Peyton win one, what a classy guy.

Thanks for the thoughtful analysis Nectarman.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Colts found a man grossly under-covered, which <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Denver did NOT correct no wonder Peyton kept shooting to the guy.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lions and Rams are winless. Chargers are 5 and 0, while six

teams (NY Jets, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Eagles, Packers and Panthers)

are four and one in mid October.

Who will win divisions? Who will go all the way?

Lions and Rams are winless. Chargers are 5 and 0, while six teams (NY Jets, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Eagles, Packers and Panthers) are four and one in mid October.

Who will win divisions? Who will go all the way?

So much is inaccurate in that post I'm not sure where to start? This was really written yesterday?

wow! did i look up an old schedule? shows how closely I am following the games right now.

(The same Google, “NFL standings,” arrives at the same site,
but now the numbers match the RSS feed to Fox news!)

Should be 49ers,
Panthers and Bills are winless. Four teams (Bears, Falcons, Jets and Ravens)
are four and one in mid October.