Paleozoic forum members

Daddy Dee

Well, I obviously have too much time on my hands.

I got curious about the most long lived of the forum members and did a little research in the search area.

Looks like 6/11/99 was the first day of public forum operation. There were six pioneering souls who joined the forum that day. Of those, none of them have posted since 2005. On the second day, 6/12 there were fifteen new members. Of those who joined that day there are only two who are still active forum members. Any guesses as to who they are?

TONY REED and PZANNUCCI

Congrats to the two really old men on the forum.

Others who joined that month of June 1999, still active are:

John Albright, mikekid and BobG.

This is worthy of note, I think, you can take your forum membership and five bucks and get a cup (small) of coffee at Starbucks.

Kudos gentlemen. You guys must be getting some grey in the temples.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow... I guess I've had too much time on my hands since June '99. Seriously, I sure have enjoyed this BB over the years. I've met some good people through this forum.

Tony

Nice work Dee.

It has been my pleasure to meet Tony Reed on two occasions. To say that many of us are pure PWK fans, would be an understatement related to Tony. When looking at his profile, he lists Khorns, Las, Cw's, RF, etc....but it doesn't say HOW MANY of each unit he owns. It doesn't list how many are connected to amps, and how many will produce sound at the simple "push of the ON button". He doesn't just own Klipsch, he owns complete Klipsch product lines. Tony puts his money where many of our mouths are.

IMO, Tony Reed is an underspoken, humble man, who deserves our undying RESPECT as to one who "walks the PWK walk" and doesn't simply speak of it.

Sorry if this post embarrasses you Tony, but, it is what it is. If there is a working PWK museum, you own it.

Respectful Regards,

Terry

Yeh, Tony's Klipsch museum is impressive indeed.

Well, I think I just noticed a flaw in the bbs. By Tony's name which appears to the left side of a post, his join date is 6/11/99. The search function indicates he joined 6/12/99.

Looks like he joined on the forum's first day after all.

Well a hearty thanks a big woo-woo award to all you "oldsters" for keeping this such a warm and friendly place...[:@]

This was the first forum I joined and its' served as my primary information source for all things hifi/HT related...in fact, I think its safe to say I wouldn't be sitting here listening to Isaac Hayes' "Theme and Soundtrack from Shaft" in full analogue via 4-track reel at 7 1/2 ips into my Merlin and little Rogue bubbling ever so gently and crisply thru my Cornwalls if it wasn't for the Forum...I'd still be trying to figure out why I wasn't happy with music listening anymore, or worse given it up for something else...[+o(]

Woo, Woo, Woo too all of you....Hopkins

Time flies.... I joined this forum just after I bought my Harman Kardon 3480.

Appears it was 050103. Bought the Harman after I received my Cornwalls.

Then I bought a 930 H/K... Then a 730 H/K...... Lalalala. Now I have two 930's, the 730, a Sansui 7070, a Sansui 8080db, a Marantz 2325, Infinity SM 112's, RTR 300's, Infinity RS5BII's, EPI 320 T/E's, Rotel receivers and a tuner,RTR trapezoids, and least of all a Pioneer SX-880.

Wow... I guess I've had too much time on my hands since June '99. Seriously, I sure have enjoyed this BB over the years. I've met some good people through this forum.

Tony

Nice work Dee.

It has been my pleasure to meet Tony Reed on two occasions. To say that many of us are pure PWK fans, would be an understatement related to Tony. When looking at his profile, he lists Khorns, Las, Cw's, RF, etc....but it doesn't say HOW MANY of each unit he owns. It doesn't list how many are connected to amps, and how many will produce sound at the simple "push of the ON button". He doesn't just own Klipsch, he owns complete Klipsch product lines. Tony puts his money where many of our mouths are.

IMO, Tony Reed is an underspoken, humble man, who deserves our undying RESPECT as to one who "walks the PWK walk" and doesn't simply speak of it.

Sorry if this post embarrasses you Tony, but, it is what it is. If there is a working PWK museum, you own it.

Respectful Regards,

Terry

Terry,

It's been a pleasure meeting you as well. You're too kind.

Thank You,

Tony

BTW, Dee, how were you able to search this? I had a different user ID (like Mr. fini, or something) before I was fini, and was curious when I actually first joined. This info would be useful to know where I stand with this Starbucks thing, should those ahead of me resign. [;)]

Well, I obviously have too much time on my hands.

I got curious about the most long lived of the forum members and did a little research in the search area.

Looks like 6/11/99 was the first day of public forum operation. There were six pioneering souls who joined the forum that day. Of those, none of them have posted since 2005. On the second day, 6/12 there were fifteen new members. Of those who joined that day there are only two who are still active forum members. Any guesses as to who they are?

TONY REED and PZANNUCCI

Congrats to the two really old men on the forum.

That is cool! I've always had wondered who were the first ones to join. I thought my April 2000 join date was going back aways. I remember visiting the Klipsch site then and seeing the then "brand new" forum before then, but never bothered to look, until I aquired my first set of ProMedia v2.400s on/around March 2000 - admittedly, the first set of Klipsch I've personally owned.

BTW, Dee, how were you able to search this? I had a different user ID (like Mr. fini, or something) before I was fini, and was curious when I actually first joined. This info would be useful to know where I stand with this Starbucks thing, should those ahead of me resign. [;)]

Gregg,

You've noticed the link to view all members in the shortcuts menu? It's visible from the Klipsch Forums page and the Home Audio Forums page. It has some parameters for search by date or alpha. I did browse through the M's usernames prior to your date registered as fini. Didn't locate Mr. Fini, or other M names that looked likely. That would be fun to locate your original ID.

Interesting research Dee... you WERE twiddling your thumbs huh!! Here's another twiddle for ya!

Not only 'how long' have you owned Klipsch, but how much of your life (as a percent).

I bought my LaScalas in 1979. Today is 2006. I've had them for about 27 years. I'm 46 so I've had them for 27/46 years or for 58.69% of my life.

[H]

Gregg,

You've noticed the link to view all members in the shortcuts menu? It's visible from the Klipsch Forums page and the Home Audio Forums page. It has some parameters for search by date or alpha. I did browse through the M's usernames prior to your date registered as fini. Didn't locate Mr. Fini, or other M names that looked likely. That would be fun to locate your original ID.

Thanks, Dee. I couldn't find anything, either. The oldest post of mine that came up on a search was from 2001. I wonder where the old ones went? Probably stored in a box in the basement of the museum in Hope...[;)]