Paleozoic forum members

Daddy Dee

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I missed being a real old guy, joining in November of 1999. I had just gotten a dial up connection through IIT (old, alma mater) for 30 buck a year. I lurked for while, peering into the wonders of the Internet.

It was a bit of a lash-up. Little old me huddled over a hand-me-down lap top, dealing with cranky software, in the dark of Chicago winter. (Pause for drama.) The gargling parrot sound on the modem. (Pause again for drama.) Then a connect. Wow. (Smile.)

It is interesting to think about those who are no longer here. What happend to HornEd? FilmoFreddy put up the Audio review of the K-Horn, early on.

Tony R, as I recall, set up the first Pilgrimage. It was hush-hush and the arrangements were not on the open forum. Everything by e-mail. Thanks again Tony.

Gil

Tony is definitely a great guy. Interesting on the first pilgrimmage. He set up the additional (supplemental) Arkansas gatherings... one at my house and one in Hope... kind of a force behind the scenes. Seeing the pics from that first gathering in the living room of Paul and Valerie... I think, wow.... what a memory that must be. A couple of years ago Tony did take me to meet Miss Valerie and I got to sit in Mr. Paul's leather wingback chair and listen to his three channel system. Driving back to LR I felt like I'd been standing on holy ground.

When Tony is not working, he spends his time, alot of time, being a great dad to his daughter.

• Moderators

Thanks to all of you guys that "started and stayed" with the forum. You made it a better place for all of us.

I honestly do not think I have ever known a group of people that touched our lives as much as you folks on the forum do.

It is truly a pleasure to "talk" with you guys on a regular basis.

BTW, thanks for the laughs.[;)]

• Moderators

A big thanks to the "1999 club"....for hanging out with us as long as you have!

Below are members that have joined in 99 and have a post in 06 (I believe some are seasoned lurkers by the number of posts they've made in that span of time!):

Tony Reed 6/12<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Pzannucci 6/12

Mikekid 6/14

John Albright 6/21

JTYoung 6/25

Steve 6/28

Jeffgeorge 7/2

Clspruiell 7/14

Dbflash 8/10

Iwillwalk 8/11

Bigal 8/16

Ray Garrison 9/9

JMON 9/26

Tillerman 9/29

STL 10/6

Q-MAN 10/9

William F. Gil McDermott 11/3

COWBOYFAN 11/9

Mark F 11/16

Arco 11/18

Norcuron 11/23

Stephen Phillips 11/28

Tgourlie 11/29

Colin 11/30

Ragjr 12/3

Ant 12/5

Leok 12/27

What's even more amazing to me is after looking through these, the HUGE number of people who have registered to this forum back in '99, and never made a single post --probably 80% or more.... it's not like you have to register to read the posts! Where are you guys?? [:)]

A big thanks to the "1999 club"....for hanging out with us as long as you have!

Below are members that have joined in 99 and have a post in 06 (I believe some are seasoned lurkers by the number of posts they've made in that span of time!):

Tony Reed 6/12

Pzannucci 6/12

Mikekid 6/14

John Albright 6/21

JTYoung 6/25

Steve 6/28

Jeffgeorge 7/2

Clspruiell 7/14

Dbflash 8/10

Iwillwalk 8/11

Bigal 8/16

Ray Garrison 9/9

JMON 9/26

Tillerman 9/29

STL 10/6

Q-MAN 10/9

William F. Gil McDermott 11/3

COWBOYFAN 11/9

Mark F 11/16

Arco 11/18

Norcuron 11/23

Stephen Phillips 11/28

Tgourlie 11/29

Colin 11/30

Ragjr 12/3

Ant 12/5

Leok 12/27

What's even more amazing to me is after looking through these, the HUGE number of people who have registered to this forum back in '99, and never made a single post --probably 80% or more.... it's not like you have to register to read the posts! Where are you guys?? [:)]

That means I got my La Scalas in December of '98 and had been searching the internet for information about them and how to build a listening room to house them.