RF82 or RF62?

Raider

My HT room is 16.5 by 16.5, but one wall is 2/3 open into a two story stairwell and hallway. The ceiling is a cathedral type that is 10 in the center and 8 at the side wall.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am trying to decide between the RF82 and RF62. I like aspect of both speakers, but with a slight preference for the RF82 because of its extended bass response.

I have decided to use four floor-standers with an RC62 center, to allow maximum placement flexibility in the room and since RS surrounds would be difficult to implement with the open wall on side.

My only real concern is that four of the RF82s might overpower the room as opposed to four RF62s. (Of course the other option is a pair of each).

If anyone has experience with these units in a similar size room, I would appreciate your input as to which direction to take.

Thanks

My Living Room is about 16' X 21' with a 10' ceiling. Half of one of the long walls opens up to my dining room, and about a 1/4 of one of the short walls opens up into the kitchen. I originally was going to get the RF-82s, but found a used set of RF-62s locally. It is amazing the amount of low end the 62s put out. I've also got the RC-62, and am going to add the RS-62s for rear surrounds and probably one of the parts express sub kits (15" titanic).

Needless to say I am happy with the RF-62s. My wife thinks they are too big so she probably wouldn't have cared for the 82s.

Posted Image