Who bought the poster?

oldtimer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hey Dee,

It's very hard to read, even on the poster. I can make out only "Because great sound...." something something.... "Stirs the soul...." something something, "and always always will."

I'll see what I can find out Monday. [:)]

I've ordered one. Seeing that the proprieters are out of the shop until the 27th or so, I will just have to wait and see if I got my order in on time . It is a pretty busy piece of art and certainly took several times of looking at it before I decided I could grow use to it on the wall of an entertainment room. Since I have no such room to date it will, (assuming I have ordered in time), stay in its tube until such a room exists, for me, in my world.

Tom

OK, I got brave enough to pull it out of the tube. Mine is #34. The mystery phrase is very small, and because of this is blurry. With the magnifying glass I made it to be: "Because great sound fills the room, shakes the house, stirs the soul, breaks the heart, and always always will."

• 2 weeks later...

I finally pulled my poster all the way out of the tube - WTH is up with
the "Practice Peace" propaganda in with the poster? I have to
tell you that I am pretty fed up with everyone, pro and con, trying to
push their agenda down my throat whether I want it or not...Not that I
am all happy with the situation we currently find ourselves in, but I
was almost PO'd enough to send this poster back and tell the
drowningcreek people to shove it squarely up their spam mail
slots...End of my political discourse for today.

I order a product, and it comes with strings attached -
like some open invitation for them to spew their point of view at me
and to accost my sense of rightness - like I am some stupid idiot that
needs these guys to wake me up? Getting more steamed..FYI.

K

I finally pulled my poster all the way out of the tube - WTH is up with the "Practice Peace" propaganda in with the poster? I have to tell you that I am pretty fed up with everyone, pro and con, trying to push their agenda down my throat whether I want it or not...Not that I am all happy with the situation we currently find ourselves in, but I was almost PO'd enough to send this poster back and tell the drowningcreek people to shove it squarely up their spam mail slots...End of my political discourse for today.

I order a product, and it comes with strings attached - like some open invitation for them to spew their point of view at me and to accost my sense of rightness - like I am some stupid idiot that needs these guys to wake me up? Getting more steamed..FYI.

K

Jeff Wood and the Drowning Creek Studio traditionally do art for socially conscious musicians and causes. I would estimate that to be 99%+ of the work that they do. It was no surprise to get the bonus "extras", since I have done biz with them before and have several of his works.....in addition to seeing many of the musicians that he does art for. I did have a fleeting thought that some here who ordered these prints might not be as agreeable with the "extras", but hey, they were free "extras" - you didn't pay for them, it's simply something that the vast majority of DCS's customers do appreciate, so the folks at DCS throw these in. It would be much akin to ordering product from Klipsch and getting a free BS button or something.

I not only bought these prints and shirts because they were Klipsch - I bought them because Jeff Wood and the Drowning Creek Studio was doing them.