Pure madness Anybody in for a little challenge?

TheEAR

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Atleast I am honest with the subs that I have. Now I was being polite the whole time but how many subs can you sucessfully prove you own... oh yeah none cause many people called you out and yet you never showed substancial proof to make them into believers. Now I will call you out to take a real picture of the whole room with yourself included. I want to see the 20+ subwoofers in your house."

Nice try,I will never posts pics where you can see me and my gear. Not even if the whole forum calls me out. Why? Because I prefer to remain TheEAR with no face. 99% of people living around me do not even have a clue what gear I own.

Polite,yes I admit being rough and rude sometimes.

Now back to subs....

I forgot to mention...Total subwoofers my family has, PC and car included along with raw drivers, 5.

My Supernova

My PMU sub

Altec Lansing ACS45.1 sub (PC speakers)

Some Optimus 12" woofer (raw)

A JL 8W0 in our van...

Hopefully soon there will be a W6v2 in the mustang which will put us at 6!! Catchin' up Ear! LOOK OUT...

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, the latter two have nowhere near enough excursion to keep up: A generous 1" for the Memphis Car audio and no more than 1.5" for the JBL (based on the surround being used - they don't provide the spec). As far as the Velodyne, I think Ear already has it...To be honest, I don't think there's a single 18" driver on the market that I like either [:o] For the price, you can always do way better with dual 15's or even dual 12's.

Yes,a HGS18 I have,not the DD18(yet). In 2007 I am about to add a few subs,I may scrap the idea of ordering any HSU or SVS(unless the new Ultra is all what the SVS claims to be)...[:'(] In favor of high tech subs like the DD18 a ServoDrive.

This road has taken me to levels of quality where mere high SPL just will not cut it.

TcSounds,I have to see what they come up with.

commodity, i like that term. Yeah, it has come across, to me at least,

of being more of a show piece that people can actually buy (like the

Dodge T-Rex, though that never was sold). I mean, is a 2 way subwoofer

really necessary considering most people crossover their subs at what

80 hz? That's an 80hz frequency band at most, it doesn't need to be

split between two drivers....geez