Dura Crest Fabric Grill Cloths

AWA

Just wanted to update everyone wanting to order grill cloth from Dura Crest Fabric. I called Ralph today to order "1 yard" of material to recover my grills to my old Cornwalls. He informed me that the only way he will sell his cloth is no less that 5 yards, and cash money up front. I will either pay for the 5 yards, and try to sell the rest, or just drive to his place in Illinois. It's only a couple of hours from where I live.

This IS the original material for my 30 year old speakers, and I will do what I have to do. From $17.95 for a yard, to $132.50 for 5 yards and shipping, Is a big change.

Just thought you all should know this.[li]

Andy

• Like 1

Just wanted to update everyone wanting to order grill cloth from Dura Crest Fabric. I called Ralph today to order "1 yard" of material to recover my grills to my old Cornwalls. He informed me that the only way he will sell his cloth is no less that 5 yards, and cash money up front. I will either pay for the 5 yards, and try to sell the rest, or just drive to his place in Illinois. It's only a couple of hours from where I live.

This IS the original material for my 30 year old speakers, and I will do what I have to do. From $17.95 for a yard, to $132.50 for 5 yards and shipping, Is a big change.

Andy

I've spoken with Ralph recently and he is a very nice man, very helpfull and a Klipsch Fan also.

My understanding is Duracrest is the factory where the cloth is made and they really aren't setup to sell directly to the public but Ralph use to let people buy cloth and pay when they received it. Unfortunatly a Few People Didn't Pay and left him holding the bag.

When I first spoke with him he had reluctantly made the decision to stop selling the cloth directly to the public because of the problems but after I asked if there was anyway I could pay upfront and have him ship the cloth after payment was complete then he agreed.

Ralph really likes helping us and we are lucky to have access to the orginal cloth which to my understanding is only available in Black now.

mike tn

Mike,

I honestly have no doubt that Ralph just wants to be helpful, and he was very nice and understanding to the situation. He just has to cover himself too. I don't blame him at all. I do plan to do buisiness with him, one way or the other. It looks like I can easily sell the rest of the cloth. Just wanted everyone to know up front what the deal is. You guys don't know how much help this forum has been to me. Thanks. [:D]

Mike,

I honestly have no doubt that Ralph just wants to be helpful, and he was very nice and understanding to the situation. He just has to cover himself too. I don't blame him at all. I do plan to do buisiness with him, one way or the other. It looks like I can easily sell the rest of the cloth. Just wanted everyone to know up front what the deal is. You guys don't know how much help this forum has been to me. Thanks. [:D]

Hi AWA

Glad every thing has worked out for you!

I thought I would just give everyone some more info about why things were changing at Duracrest. People should know that Ralph was kind of forced into changing things but you couldn't ask for a better person to deal with.

mike tn[:)]

Andy,

There is another source of grill cloth. This is where I get it from:

Wendel fabrics (Mellotone). Phone: 864 839-6341

Black - DA3555-21

Cane - MD4134

They also have have a minimum order but I think it's less. My usual order is about $85.00

AL K.

I just placed an order with these folks... their minimum order is 2-yards (72" wide) @ $16.95 per yard with a $10.00 adder for orders less than 5-yards. All this plus UPS shipping (which should be pretty reasonable).

Cheers to all,

Rob

I just placed an order with these folks... their minimum order is 2-yards (72" wide) @ $16.95 per yard with a $10.00 adder for orders less than 5-yards. All this plus UPS shipping (which should be pretty reasonable).

Cheers to all,

Rob

Darn, Rob. I would have loved to go in with you on the order... we might have been able to save a little $. How much are getting/using?

Seems like I recall it only take a yard to do Cornwalls... hmmm.

i ordered 7 yds from ralph last year and it is an exact match to the klipsch cloth. what i found out after making some heresy and cornwall grills is that you can barely tell the front from the back of the cloth, it is that fine on both sides. it was shocking to me that ralph said to send payment after i received the cloth.

Darn, Rob. I would have loved to go in with you on the order... we might have been able to save a little $. How much are getting/using?

PMSummer... I have used all this black grille cloth that I intend to use. I've got quite enough left over to do two Cornwalls. I'll PM you my phone number and we'll see if we can strike a deal (!)

Cheerz,

Rob

• 16 years later...
On 11/24/2006 at 5:28 PM, AWA said:

Andy

Thanks. 🙂