Dura Crest Fabric Grill Cloths

AWA

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Duke, this is a 16+ year old thread. Things may have changed...

I spoke with Ralph when forte IV were released inquiring whether he could re fabric my forte II grills in lambswool.  At the time I had not moved from Chicagoland.   He told me to drop them off or ship to him and he would do the job.  Cannot remember what the quoted cost was.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pair of Forte II grilles that I would like to get recovered in the Lambswool fabric.  I sent an email to ralph@duracrest.com on 02/17/23 and it did not go through.  I am going to try to call the company at the number that I found on Google and see if I can get mine recovered as well.  The Forte II grille covers are held on with magnets.  From what I can tell from the photos of Forte IV's, they use a different type of method of attachment.  I bought mine in the fall of 1992 and they still piss the neighbors off... lol and still sound great.  I would love to updates the tweeters and midrange speakers to the ones used on the Forte IVs but I am unsure it that is even a possibility.  The reviews of the IVs speak about better imagine and separation.   Any input on this would be appreciated.

• Moderators
On 2/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, mark6388 said:

I have a pair of Forte II grilles that I would like to get recovered in the Lambswool fabric.  I sent an email to ralph@duracrest.com on 02/17/23 and it did not go through.  I am going to try to call the company at the number that I found on Google and see if I can get mine recovered as well.  The Forte II grille covers are held on with magnets.  From what I can tell from the photos of Forte IV's, they use a different type of method of attachment.  I bought mine in the fall of 1992 and they still piss the neighbors off... lol and still sound great.  I would love to updates the tweeters and midrange speakers to the ones used on the Forte IVs but I am unsure it that is even a possibility.  The reviews of the IVs speak about better imagine and separation.   Any input on this would be appreciated.

My understanding is that the upgrade only works on a III to a IV. Others may know more on that.

• Moderators
On 2/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, mark6388 said:

ralph@duracrest.com on 02/17/23 and it did not go through.  I am going to try to call the company at the number that I found on Google and see if I can get mine recovered as well.  The Forte II grille covers are held on with magnets.  From what I can tell from the photos of Forte IV's, they use a different type of method of attachment. 

Ralph should be able to answer that for you.

That is the email I have for him so not sure what is up on that. They have always answered during regular business hours.

Travis 

On 2/20/2023 at 6:29 PM, mark6388 said:

I would love to updates the tweeters and midrange speakers to the ones used on the Forte IVs but I am unsure it that is even a possibility.  

you would  need authorization from the Heritage Dept  to purchase Forte IV  Parts   .

reach out to @Trey Cannon if your inquiry is  serious  ,  I hope it works out .