This Forum is BORING...

edwinr

Heard from Duke.  Still alive and kickin.....making music.  Hope he will post soon.  Said he would send me some of his music.  Hope he hasn't lost that talking head avatar.

Duke Spinner even had an amplifier named after him during the height of his posting on the forum.  The Juicy Music modified Crown D-45 that Carl currently owns was actually dubbed "The Duke."

For those that may not have ventured over to the coffee thread, here is the talking head avatar that has been missing since the forum conversion.

Duke hasn't posted in years.....still out there and making music.  Asked him to post something.....forum members who have been here a while would get a kick out of seeing that avatar again.

How time flies.  Hard to believe it has been over three years since his last appearance on the forum.  After the forum conversion I was reading old threads and noticed his avatar was gone.  I then was able to track this copy of the avatar on the wayback machine.  Maybe we can get him to restore it in its rightful place as his avatar again.

Duke Spinner.gif

OK ... OK ....

I'm here d00d's

thanks to Formica ..[ :D]

been thru some trying times, been hosed Supreme, life goes on ...

I have 40 hours a week in Homework due to law school..

do I want be an Attorney ... NOT

but have won 6 Cases, w/o benefit of that JD

have some KLF-30's hooked up ... they ROCK ..!!

• Like 2

Duke Spinner even had an amplifier named after him during the height of his posting on the forum. The Juicy Music modified Crown D-45 that Carl currently owns was actually dubbed "The Duke."

:D

I listened to it just last weekend.

As soon as you change the wire or binding posts the purists will rattle the cages.

One of my first posts on this forum was about my Cornwalls sounding better with the grills off.

I remember a response saying PWK designed those speakers with the grillcloth in mind and not to touch them.

It's like trout fishing, I think. No nightcrawlers or caddis flies......

The trout doesn't taste the same.

Gimme a gob of crawlers anytime....

Interesting.  My cornwall grill keeps falling off.  If I replace the velcro with the audiophile quality velcro I know it will sound better, but is that considered a mod? Are they no longer Klipsch? 

Edited by musicook

Most of my stereo is boxed up and in storage, even the clearaudio TT.

Right now we have a little JVC system in the house (although it is connected to my sub) with wooden drivers.

22.JPG

The sound is.....er.......pleasant. Cant find a picture of my sub online.

I have an old (1975) Panasonic all-in-one player connected to it. That has a TT and I've modded it a bit so I can listen to vinyl still, on occasion.

Other than that these days all my listening is done on my android phone. FLAC files using the Neutron player and a Pair of Sennheiser Momentum On-ear headphones. Its pretty good, but wouldn't win any awards I guess.

• Like 1

Solid State with equalizer during the hot summer, sounds wonderful. Tubes during the winter with the space heaters, no equalizer, sounds so fresh. Same CD and turntable for

both seasons. Good to see some people still care about music.

• Like 1

Some people care about music who care NOT for Tubes &/or Turntable...

Point them out and we will take appropriate action.

Probably those who only go to life performances, since that's about the only other option. 

Dave

• Like 2