This Forum is BORING...

edwinr

The Forum is boring because too many people post for the sake of posting!

Yeah I hear that. That reminds me of a quote I like and it goes something like this. "One should remain quiet and have some regard you as an idiot rather than open his mouth and confirm their suspicions". That's by Mark Twain or Samuel Clemens I forget lol. That's why I don't post much. Plus there's so much to gleen from here it's unreal.

FREE 60th KLIPSCHORNS TO THE PERSON WHO CAN COME UP WITH THE MOST INTERESTING THREAD, MOST VIEWED THREAD, AND MOST REPLIES IN A THREAD!!*

*Some restrictions apply, such as I alone am the judge of this contest, and I alone decide on the deadline, if there really is one. The Klipschorns will actually be given in jpg format.

[:)]

Ah, the lovely Amy. I haven't seen you post for a while... sigh...

Amy wrote:

FREE 60th KLIPSCHORNS TO THE PERSON WHO CAN COME UP WITH THE MOST INTERESTING THREAD, MOST VIEWED THREAD, AND MOST REPLIES IN A THREAD!!*

*Some restrictions apply, such as I alone am the judge of this contest, and I alone decide on the deadline, if there really is one. The Klipschorns will actually be given in jpg format.

Hmm, jpg, eh? Sound like the guy who caught a picture of a mouse after he put a picture of a piece of cheese in the trap... Anyway, my entry is Real and Imagined Sizes of Heritage and Jubilee Speakers. It's in the Technical Questions section.

By the way, how do you change font size in this new-look Forum?

Pat on the Island

As soon as you change the wire or binding posts the purists will rattle the cages.

One of my first posts on this forum was about my Cornwalls sounding better with the grills off.

I remember a response saying PWK designed those speakers with the grillcloth in mind and not to touch them.

It's like trout fishing, I think. No nightcrawlers or caddis flies......

The trout doesn't taste the same.

Gimme a gob of crawlers anytime....

Yes Roy but I even have to admit Paul's Heritage line is like old muscle cars, they just make you want to re-build and try to tweek em'[8-|]

I think every Heritage off the line is a great speaker but the simplicity of the line is what makes it so hard for those "I want just a little more" types to start their own personal quest for their own touch and once bought a user does have the right[:|]

You know if a driver provider ran out of supply did Paul's not find a replacement? The only difference is the consumer is driven by his or her own passion as a manufacturer is driven by that old supply and demand[:P]

I love the way Edwinr started this thread[H]

It used to be so festive "spanking" a newbie for writing something absurd. Does political correctness eventually ruin everything?

Ok... Lets go for it; "Git 'er done": Solid State amps are the best; Tubes suck and those little "glowing: things burn my fingers anyways... The best way to use all your Klipsch stuff is to put them in a really, really, huge big pile facing you at about 3 feet away (you need that 1 watt at 1 meter thing anyways); turn everything up to volume nine, sit in the middle with all your rowdy friends, and put the keg at stereo center (very important as to not alter your "sweet spot" when trying to get a refill, throw on Lynerd Skynerd's "Sweet Home Alabama"; and make sure everyone's got them blow-up air guitars. If it don't sound right, turn it up some more....... [H][<:o)]

So... Spank me,..... Beat me, bite me, burn me, talk dirty, chain me to a tree, but.. respect me in the morning (and don't take that last piece of pizza, and while you're up, get that keg out of the pool... I paid a deposit on that bad boy, fer' goodness sakes!!!). Politically correct version - I'm talking to a non-gender challenged female (my wife with a rolling pin in her hands...) who just walked in on this post gave me the really "that ain't funny, don't even think about it" look...[6]

Oh well.....

Re: the front-loading washers, someone try explaining to Meagain the physics of gravity. Clothes cleaner???? Bah!

Jeffy! There you are! Let's get this party started baby.

Yes, I contend the clothes are cleaner. For one thing, it's my feeling, belief, understanding that they rinse/spin better thus removing more soap residue. Think about how a top loader rinses, then a front loader.