SO much to consider, a little input please?????

Frak601

I am a new member to this forum, and I would like some advice and/or opinions about setting up my new theater room. I have a pretty small room, 23 X 13, that is dedicated to my HT setup. I am considering RF-62 (rf62 floorstanders, rc62 center, rs52 surrounds, rw12d sub) or RF-52 ( rf52 floorstanders, rc52 center, rs42 surrounds, rw10d sub) series setup, but not sure if this is the right choice or there are better options for my room size, also a good Receiver in the $1000 range to match with them. I was considering the Onkyo TX-SR804 or the Pioneer Elite VSX-82TXS.......I do not have a preference on the receiver brand, just want some features( HDMI, THX, Ipod enabled,).....Which should I pick first, the speakers and match the receiver to them, or the receiver and buy speakers accordingly..........If I sound like a newbie, I Am....thats why I am here, because there seems to be alot of knowledgeable people and entries and I am hoping for some suggestions/opinions! Thanks

I am new as well. My room has similar dimensions to yours(23.5 X 11.5). I went with 2 pairs of RB-61s for front and side surround, RC-62 center, and RW 12-d sub. I will more than likely get another pair of RB-61s for rear surround for 7.1. I am powering them with a Denon 2106. It is a disco'd model. I think the 2307 replaced it. It is 100w/ channel X 7 channels. Sounds awesome.