La Scala For Free

egoroff

New member here, but I'm very familiar with klipsch speakers (I own a pair of K-horns). I found in my church storage area a single La Scala speaker which has been sitting dormant for the last 10 years. Everything looks fine. I'm told that it was used for voice/sermon amplification so it didn't get abused and was replaced by another smaller set of speakers. My question is the church is willing to just give it to me for free. Actually the custodian said he was about to take it to the dump. Do I take it since it's free? What can I do with one speaker. Chances of seeing a single La Scala on ebay is pretty remote. But I know this is a great speaker. Opinions anyone??

Are you still here? You'd better not be! You BETTER be on the way to get that speaker !!! Take it, by all means!! You could use it for a center channel, or if you decide that isn't your cup of tea, certainly someone would buy it for that use. Run, don't walk. I'm already scared the custodian had second thoughts and hauled it away!!

Congrats on the find, and welcome to the forum.

Grab it, grab it.......... now!!

Having owned three Belles across the front, and now, Klipschorns with a Belle center - there is nothing quite like it.

A single Lascala serves the same purpose, just a narrower platform for the TV to set on.

Plus, like everyone said - its free!!

Carl.

I had a C7 before that did a good job but my La Scalas would overpower it.

I then paid $300 for a 1976 single La Scala that had been used in a Houston Church and had been sitting for 10 years. Got a new A/AA crossover from BEC and it is a great center channel.

It will work great as a center or just sell it.