ALK......I'll miss ya

dhsettim

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely a sad day and a great loss to the forum[:(]. As a relatively new member I appreciate the time Al took to answer all of my questions no matter how elementary they must have seemed to him. I usually considered his comments as the final word in most discussions. I hope Al will reconsider after some time has passed....but if not... all the best in the future.

Chuck

I would like to say that I am a fan of Als as well. I am not a fan of the attitudes and negative posts that portrayed the frustration and digust however. I wish it were different. I will certainly continue to contact Al when I need his assistance and/or products.

I am a fan because Al's network designs are the best I have run across....plain and simple. Plus, he offers sound advice in his area of expertise.

Pretty sad day when you leave out of sheer frustration. Apparently, the realm of continuous improvement to current crossover designs fell on deaf ears which is sad, and not the direction that any speaker corporation should take. At least listen and take in what you can in an effort to improve what is currently in place instead of taking the "I am holyier than thou approach" perhaps an open mind and desire to provide the best that is available should have been the stance taken here.

I never purchased AL's networks because honestly they were a bit cost prohibitive for me since I have so many speakers. His design's did filter down (pardon the pun) into some of DeanG's work and those are present in my speakers as well as John Albright's work and both were considerable improvements over the aging original Klipsch networks.

Al offered his design's, help, information, and feedback to all forum members at no cost, and he will be missed on this forum for sure.

I'm out!

Yeah I too valued Al's commentary and advice. I absolutely love the universal network kits I got from him I'll likely upgrade to his ESN's one day. I also recognize he let his fuse blow a little to quickly. I understand his passsion but IMO that must be balanced with ability to accept the fact there are some thigns you can change and there are others you cannot. Al could not seem to get past that point and that is a shame his input and guidance will be missed very much around here.

Somebody fill us (who missed the original thread) in - we missed all the fun!

Aside from Al K. taking his toys and going home, what effect is this going to have on Roy?
I, for one, still want Roy to participate freely in the forum and I'm afraid that it will have the opposite effect.

DM