Killer Bass on the Pros

Sam_D

I know everyone here has been arguing on the best bass song to play on their Pros. They've been saying THX bass tests and stuff like that, and those are fine, but I would recommend something I just got done finished listening to. Talk about some ear bleeding bass! cwm32.gif

It's the James Bond Theme (Drum n' Bass Remix) by moby. It's 7 minutes and 40 seconds of killer bass. I only had my Pros' sub set at the THX mark, and it was great. Anyway, just thought I'd share that with everyone. Tell me what you think.

Sam

just downloaded it... sounds great. they should have put this in teh background of the Video game, get rid of that stupid GOlden Eye music. thanks for the tip, but not as much bass as i expected. but still pretty good. i got the Base Test 305 CD off the net, the whole thing at 256kbps MP3's... that is a great test cd! also the Diva Sound from the 5th element is like th ultimate song i have heard for the pros!

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I haven't cranked my Pros up in a while playing really bassy stuff...maybe that's the reason...shock over the power of the Pros. Maybe it's just my configuration combined with the above. Let's continue the quest for the ultimate bass music.

It's good to be back to the forums.

Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter (ugh!) is a great song to test the speakers. Not really low or anything but great dynamics and a good mix of highs and lows, and don't forget those mids!

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Here is something that those of you with Sound Blaster

Lives can try for some bass.

Go to your start menu, select Creative->Sound Font Showcase->Sound Font Showcase.

When the little window comes up (which resembles a

typical generic media player), click the big button

with the arrow pointing up (the first of the 4 large

buttons across the top). On the menu that appears

select SoundBurst -> Techno.

There is some bass to play with cwm7.gif.

Steven K.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

• 5 weeks later...

Definately good bass on that one, but I have found a song that is MUCH better w/ lots more bass. Check out a song by "MC 900 foot Jesus" titled "IF I Only Had a Brain" - the bass will blow you away. It is a must hear, what are you waiting for, go get it now!!!!

A song by RadioHead,Pulk\Pull Revolving Doors is an entire song of bass!!!But is no trouble for my Z-560 at any volume.I doubt the pro's had trouble either.cwm30.gif

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

dscott9 I downloaded the "song" you were talking about and its mostly boomy over 40Hz BOOM BOOM.

None of the above tracks contain real sub bass,it may be considered sub bass by LoudMedia owners but its not.The PM and Z560 "subs" dont go very low anyway.

Reference Recordings Pomps & Pipes track number 4 has sub 20Hz power,real huge pipe organs to make pseudo subs peak out and makes uggly noises(err harmonics).

For good deep bass I would get Herbie Hancock's This is Da Drum.This CD is full of deep bass energy,some tracks have sub bass around 30Hz and below.

The two above CD's can only be heard right if a real sub helps the mains with deep bass.Real sub would be a Sunfire Signature,Paradigm Servo-15,SVS subs(from CS to SS),Aerial,Revel,JBL Ti-K,Velo HGS and SPL series...

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Correction, that is bass the pros and z560 are playing, just not what a good sub should play. Ears, bass 40 hz has to be considered bass. I guess it could be really low midbass. The thing that doesn't make sense is that I think the sub in subwoofer stands for subsonic, and that would mean being able to play with power under 20 hz, 90% of "subwoofers" can't do that. They should be called just woofers.

For those Jazz lovers, try Rippingtons albums Black Diamond. The first track which is Black Diamond Song is difficult enough to hear without a good bass equipment. This track is not so jazzy anyway. Much more like a new age track.

I myself don't like very much a BOOM sound followed by a windblow or a hiss come from your sub.

Try FourPlay album, The Best of Fourplay, to experience solid and high technique bass experience by Nathan East.

And off course, the old Kenny G Live! album can also be a good choice for showing off your sets. Followed by the legendary lypsnyc album Milli Vanilli, which contains solid mid-bass is useful enough, again for showing off your speakers.

But im serious when i say it has bass.I tried it on my HT sub and it was really loud and bassy.Im not sure how low it was but if a sub,any sub plays the frequency wether it be 16 or 80Hz its a BASS note!Thats what subs are for,thats why they call it a Sub-Woofer!!!cwm30.gif

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

quote:

Originally posted by AudioMan2703:

But im serious when i say it has bass.I tried it on my HT sub and it was really loud and bassy.Im not sure how low it was but if a sub,any sub plays the frequency wether it be 16 or 80Hz its a BASS note!Thats what subs are for,thats why they call it a Sub-Woofer!!!
cwm30.gif

And for the ProMedia speakers, a sub starts at ~150Hz so there! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

For a real bass test, find a Bass 305 CD or download it off the net. They are to me the Bass Authority Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, I would be very carefull with that Woofer Cooker track!! It uses extremely low frequencies and I have seen it destroy a set of decent speakers, not Pro's mind you, but good speakers none the less! So if your Pro's are past their warranty period... beware!! You just might really cook your woofer!

------------------

CP-1 = New Pro's!!!!

Where can you get those songs on the net? Like Kazaa or something? I found a few on there but it kept giving me an "Remotly" thing. I got a few but they went to low for the Z-560's frequency range! I got these really horrible noises!cwm8.gifcwm6.gifcwm31.gif

------------------

GreenDay Rules!

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

"I wish i knew more on speakers,hey,im only 13!!"

Audiogalaxy.com has the largest selection of Bass305 songs. that is where i got 90% of mine.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>