Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

70 Bee

First car I ever owned, First pistol grip stick car I ever drove, First BB engine I ever spent $10K on,First "all takers' money race night I ever won, even cost me a First wife...Lot of Firsts for this one for me...

Some people called it butt ugly, but I beg to differ.

WopOnTour

post-19879-13819325765802_thumb.jpg

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

70 Bee

First car I ever owned, First pistol grip stick car I ever drove, First BB engine I ever spent $10K on,First "all takers' money race night I ever won, even cost me a First wife...Lot of Firsts for this one for me...

Some people called it butt ugly, but I beg to differ.

WopOnTour

Not but ugly - it's gorgeous.

Did it originally have bias plys? If so they had to be a b!tch to get to hook up.

1970 Porsche 911T. 2.2 litres, 6 holly weber one barrells, lowered 2", Abarth free flow exhaust, 1" stifferner across front shock towers. Man I miss that car. Traded it in for a wife. Too bad she is gone.lol

Go back to page 19 of this thread........does that remind of anything.....3.4 fuel injected motor from an 1984....silver bullet...EH !!!!!

Not the coolest car I have ever owned (that one I posted earlier) but rather my current daily driver. A 2000 Jeep TJ, reliable, tough, and a blast to drive. It sits outside and at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />4:30 on those January mornings when it is 10 below, the roads are unplowed, and it is just me, the deer, and the coyotes it starts right up and gets me to the train on time. In the summer I put the soft top on it and every kid wants to ride in it. Ive never gotten it stuck, but I sure have gotten it muddy. With a cat back exhaust, K&N intake and a 5 speed it sounds fast but its not. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hmmmm... Salty.

post-17373-13819325887794_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know that I can say this is the coolest car I ever owned but it's certainly one of the best.The car looks as good inside as out or under,41,567 miles.I'd drive it California without hesitation.

post-9397-13819329754696_thumb.jpg

Again, Nice CUDA' Fish..........that Black Firebird is sweet........AH Yes, Spring and the Cars are coming out.....Here we go again, Car fever beginning to build............another Bad Habit......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OB, you still have not broken out the 911 yet?

Again, Nice CUDA' Fish..........that Black Firebird is sweet........AH Yes, Spring and the Cars are coming out.....Here we go again, Car fever beginning to build............another Bad Habit......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OB, you still have not broken out the 911 yet?

NAH, roads still with alot of salt and sand, couple weeks away for me............It's comin'......Won't be long........Let it RIP.....

The old LTD. I miss her...

The mother of my childhood best friend was divorced and her ex was a dealer for Ford. He bought her a 66' Galaxie 500 XL. Red, 4-door with a 390; every option under the sun.

One afternoon she was picking up my friend and I from elementary school and I climbed into the back seat. Bouncing my leg to the music my knee went under the door latch and opened the car door while we rounding the front circle, I fell out of the car and rolled over to the curb/sidewalk. Got up and looked at another kid that saw the whole thing and told him I was fine.

Here's the good part: Now my friend's mother would get scared easily so she exited the car quickly to see how I was (just a bump on the head). When I say she exited the car, that's exactly what she did. She didn't hit the brake, she didn't put the car in park.....SHE JUST GOT OUT!! With the car still rolling it jumped a curb and started to try to idley drive up a hill. Larry (the friend) crawled over in the front seat and put the car in park (we used to play around in their non-running parked car since we were 5-years old so we knew how to do that.

But to this day that story is funny as hell!!

The other time was when my older sister was on an 8th grade field trip to a local park. Dad drove the school bus full of kids (since he had a CDL from the fire department) and mom drove some parents there to help out. At the end of the day it was time to go home and Larry and I were still on the swings. It started to get dark and nobody else was around! They had both left without us!! We found another family there and they took us to a gas station and called the police to come till mom and dad did. While in the back of the cruiser one of the cops asked me what kind of car my dad drove. I looked at him and said "It's a 1968 Dodge Polara station wagon liense plate 8848AP (Ohio). Seeing that was a lot of information for a 4-year old to retain both cops looked around at me with the same expression as when the rear axle got ripped out of the Ford police cruiser in American Graffiti.

Ah, the fun days.

hey my car was paid off, then i sold it for a chrysler 300m (i had a baby and the car seat didn't fit in the TA and i also had a neon....do i need to explain why i bought a bigger car?

my wife was shocked when i told her we need to sell the TA. she was like "but you love that car!" to this day i don't regret it, it was the smart thing to do, also it was better for the family.

Wife's car... it's a turbo (!)

She loves this car more than she loves Johnny Depp (who, by the way, I'm pretty sure she strongly favors over me!).

Rob

PS: I thought that I posted this yesterday... if I've managed to double post, just chalk it up to my senility!

Posted Image