Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JB, the Challenger by a long shot..............

OT- I wish I
were old!!!! Wait, no I don't I take that back.....All the 60's and
70's muscle cars are the coolest cars ever in my opinion, not some über
expensive Italian jobbies. Problem is, you can't find em anymore and
they are all older than I am.....

ON topic- I don't own a car [:D] Own a sweet bike though, sweet for the price at least.....

Sweet color too Klipsched[;)]

JB, she got 153,000 on her and still pulls like a mule[:D] I just faced a pivotal point on cars and when it came down to it my mechanic said she (Her engine was good to make 300,00 easy since I went to full synthetic on my third oil change) so it was $300.00 to $450.00 for a new car note plus full coverage insurance again or get a 5 G loan and replace/repair AC, Suspension (Springs/Struts & Bearings), tires, all new hoses and a few new tweak parts and all I have is a 3 year $150.00 note and I'm in HOG heaven again (good thang I'm in Arkansas!).

Besides I paid this baby off in 3 1/2 years so I have had no car note for quite some time now which made the $150.00 way easier than $500.00 for new and Ins[:|]

THX OB, I guess I got addicted to german cars while being stationed over there[:|]

This is my 7th VW, 3 beetles, 1 411 Fastback, the original GTI from 1982 (the car that started the pocket rocket barrage), 1988 16V GTI and my current bone stock bottom of the line VW Golf City which cost me $13,178,00 out the door and has paid for itself at least twice over now. A lot of bang for the buck IMHO and as I said I just dropped 5 G's into her and she goes around coners again just like a go-kart with a body[;)] She wouldn't hold a candle to your baby but one drive and you know she's in the family[:D]

The engine had been rebuilt, there was hardly any tread wear on the tires, and the gas tank was about 3/4 full. I didn't haggle.

These are getting to be quite collectable. I saw a broken down piece of crap several years ago that the guy wanted $500 for....and I considered it....until I got my 1977 International Scout II. My father bought it off the showrrom floor when he turned 40 and gave it to me when I turned 40...it has over 300,000 miles on it and needs a complet restore.