Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here Joe. I have a friend who tried to spin one out and it refused! Now that's handling. I kept looking at these and the bmw 3 series, but then the old 91 Alfa came along. Being cheap and loathing payments (or blowing that much cash) I bought the AR 164. For now I'm good, actually have too many cars, but what the hey.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, now that I think about it, this was the coolest car I ever had...

1974 Fiat 124 SL Coupe

1974 Fiat 128 SL Coupe. Picture's not my car, but mine looked just like this.

Little tiny engine (1200 CC's), front wheel drive, 4 speed... you could park it in the snow by driving past the parking spot you wanted, pulling up the handbrake, turning the wheel sharp left and gunning it. Back end would pivot out to the right perfectly controlably, and you'd wind up going backwards pointing straight at the spot you wanted. Wait a second for the wheels to bite, stop going backwards and move forwards, pull right into spot. Never had another car that could dance like this one. Unfortunately car's abilities outstripped my youthful enthusiasm, and I would up in odd situations too many times... stuck on top of a snow drift pointing in the wrong direction when my Mom drove by... spun out right in front of a cop by going into a corner a bit too enthusiastically and trying to drift through it... stuck on top of rock with all four wheels off the ground because my buddy new a shortcut home late at night through the woods... plus, the front wheel bearings self-destructed every 6 or 8 thousand miles like clockwork, and I must have gone through a dozen alternators in the 4 years I owned the car... eventually traded "up" to a 1976 Ford Capri II V6 4 speed...

THAT (have i have songer disease!) is the coolest car you had? man......dude......not enough words.......

how about a 1972, gold duster, with 3 on the column, a jensen cassette deck, a muntz equalizer booster and jensen separates......just put in first and cruise and the chicks would just attach themselves to the car........by law i had to turn down the cool factor.......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

Everyone is posting "those" kinds of cars sooooooooo my 2nd car was a medium green 1974 two door Maverick......with a 3-speed moved onto the floor and it really was fun to drive. Here is a picture of one similar to mine although mine was a one owner bone stock inline six.

Dad's Oldsmobile 442, 1968 in Willow Gold. Craig Powerplay stereo, Jensen 6x9's, fake fur on dash and back shelf, Gabriel air shocks and 70 series tires.

Michael

Four of my cars still have the Craig Powerplay stereo and Jensen 6x9's that I installed in them during the mid 70's and my van still has red fur carpet in the back and the Gabriel Hijacker air shocks still provide extra clearance for the 60 series rear tires mounted on the original 10" wide Ansen Sprint magnesium slot wheels.

About 1985 I upgraded the Craig PowerPlay in my van to a Carver M-240 stereo power amplifier 120-watt (true RMS) per channel powering a pair of floor standing home audio speakers (recently upgraded to Klipsch Hersey) along with four other pair of Craig PowerPlay and 6x9 Jensen coaxial speakers.

MY CURRENT CAR COLLECTION

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air - 2 Door Hard Top Sport Coupe PS, PB, PG, PP 283 4-bbl

1967 Corvette - Convertible - 427 3x2 4-speed

1967 Corvette - Sport Coupe - 427 3x2 4-speed

1967 Impala - Super Sport 327 - Rare TH-400 (First engine and car I ever built and painted)

1967 Chevelle - Super Sport - 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Nova SS - LT-1 - M-22 - 10.96 E.T. at 128 mph Quickest Street Car in Piatt County Since 1978

1969 Corvette - Convertible 350 hp 4-speed (my first Corvette)

1969 Chevelle - SS 396 - A/C 4-speed

1969 El Camino - SS 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Camaro - SS/RS 396 375hp 4-speed

1969 Camaro - Convertible SS/RS Z-11 (Indy Pace Car) A/C, Power Top

1970 Cobra - 429 Super Cobra Jet (Fords version of the LS-6 Chevelle and the Hemi Cuda)

1972 Ford Van - Customized (my first vehicle & in 1976 installed 1st component car audio system in town)

1972 Lincoln - Continental Mark IV - 460 4v (Sold)

1973 Lincoln - Continental Mark IV - 460 4v(Sold)

1975 C-10 Pickup - Fleet side Short bed 4x4 400 Horsepower SHP custom LT-1 350 engine

1976 K5 Blazer - 4x4 450 Horsepower SHP custom 406 CID engine

1978 Lincoln - Continental Mark V - Diamond Jubilee Edition (an $8200 option on a $12k car in 1978 dollars which would buy 2 corvettes that year) and last year for the 460 4v engine

1985 Corvette - every available option including glass top and Bose stereo system

1999 Harley Davidson - SofTail Custom (last year produced) (first brand new motor vehicle I ever bought)

2000 Cadillac - Eldorado Touring Coupe - every available option including the "Autobahn package" (Z-rated tires and a top speed in excess of 160) (First brand new car I ever bought)

2001 Corvette - Convertible - Torch Red/Black/Black I ordered this car with EVERY available option except the either/or options: MN6 6-speed Transmission, N73 Magnesium Wheels, Z51 Suspension, and R8C Museum Delivery (email me and I will tell you why).

2001 Torch Red Corvette Convertible - www.SS427.com

After waiting over 6 months to see if Chevrolet was going to allow the new LS-6 engine option to be ordered in the roadster (as it had been rumored), on 7-1-00, the day it was introduced, I custom ordered my 2001 C5 Corvette convertible to be built. It was given Order Number CRMRPJ, accepted by GM on 7-31-00, reached Event Code 3100 on 9-6-00, was issued Sequence # 8271 and Target Production Week of 9-25-00. My new C5 was the second Corvette born on Wednesday 9-27-00, and was finally delivered 10-3-00. I stayed in constant contact with the Corvette Factory and followed the transport truck into the dealership to take delivery directly off the truck. This modern American Muscle Car is everything it is suppose to be (0-60 in 4 seconds and 12 second ¼ miles) and it takes a $125,000 import to out run my true American sports car for which I paid half as much (plus it came with A/C, a killer Bose stereo, and the top goes down).

Click Here to view the TV Commercial

What's Next?

The worlds most powerful SUV - the 403 Horsepower Cadillac Escalade (unless the Tahoe finally gets some balls),

the new 469 Horsepower Cadillac XLR-V For the wife, and of course the new 505 Horsepower LS-7 C6 Corvette

Isnt it great that Detroit is building real Muscle Cars again!

Membership Affiliations:

National Rifle Association (NRA) 1973

National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) 1975

National Corvette Restorers Association (NCRS) 1986

Charter Member, TORCH RED CORVETTE CLUB (TRCC) 2000

Founder, Central Illinois Chapter of the TRCC 2000

National Rifle AssociationNational Hot Rod AssociationNational Corvette Restorers Restorers AssociationTorch Red Corvette Club

1999 Harley Davidson - Softail Custom (last year produced), 1969 Corvette - Convertible - 350hp - 4-speed (my first Corvette), 1985 Corvette - every available option including glass top and Bose - www.SS427.com

2001 C5 Corvette - Convertible - Torch Red/Black/Black with EVERY available option except the either/or options: MN6 6-speed Transmission, N73 Magnesium Wheels, Z51 Suspension, and R8C Museum Delivery.- www.SS427.com

Out for a Sunday drive with some friends

10 MPH From Top SpeedNyuk Nyuk Nyuk BOINK