Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just peeked into this thread -- the coolest car I ever owned was a 1950 Mercury, handed down by my parents (this wasn't mine). Went well over 1,000 miles, great ride and handling, I did a couple of 13-hour all-day drives in it (like SF to Salt Lake City in one day) without getting tired! No AC, so Houston did it in.

post-12148-13819325145088_thumb.jpg

Deep down I still have a thing for Corvettes , but the older ones just don't handle or perform like the C5's and C6's.....63 to 67 were my Scwanstucher years..........damn they were nice, still are, but the new ones are my Giant Scwanstucher.......ZO-6......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOPS just noticed my Silver Bullet..................Thanks for posting it..............No Bull here, that's my baby right now, not sorry I bought that....you know, I like Good Cars too............................Come on Springtime........the day after a 4 foot snow storm...............Thanks Kaiser..............

"OT, I recently talked a buddy into picking up a cherry 164L for $3800.00 and he does nothing but call me and tell me (it's like the Energizer Bunny) it just keeps going and going and going when he puts his foot down and now that he got it to 130 (he really is too chicken to go any faster) on the interstate he tells me he never had any idea what Alfa's ran likeSurprise "

LOL, yeah it is pretty wild how easy it gets to 100, before you know it, and yet there is a lot more left....

OB, since you and PM obviously have the same type affection for the dark blue beauty in the middle of this shot I decided to post some of my die cast plethora[:o]

Just keep saying 427 over and over[;)] OT, couple of those little mini baby's for you on the bottom shelf[au]

Jack-Bart, you might just like that purdy black beauty on the top shelf with the BMW 12 in it[li]

post-18681-13819325146448_thumb.jpg

I absolutely have no rhyme or reason to how I populate my shelves with these things either as I just have them literally all over my house! Sure not on the collectors value scale as say Scott's Tennis Raquet collection but something I started so long ago and everyone has just been adding to it over the years. My father in law gets me something from the Smithsonian collection or one of the Franklin Mints for Christmas every year[G]

I think I have Travis' baby on the top shelf of this one in the DP 935 in guards red sitting next to the NOTORIUS black M3[:D] I do kind of like the sweet threesome of Merc's on the third shelf next to the Beetle[au] Of course the supreme topless Beetle from Ferdinand is on the botttom shelf[H]

Larry, out of all the 40's, 50's sedans that I've had the pleasure to ride in or drive the Mercury's were by far the best ride as far as smooth is concerned, I love chopped and lowered 49's like like Stallone drove in Cobra. That dark forrest green color is my style too[Y]

post-18681-13819325150278_thumb.jpg

What can I say I've always prefered trucks. My second favorite truck was my White 1965 Chevy Fleetside which I had rebuilt from rear to the edlebrocked 350. I must say my favorite was my 1994 Land Rover Discover which had a 2inch lift and every rack and feature you could put on the blasted thing. There was not a blind spot anywhere on that puppy. I sold it when I saw oil gathering around one of the heads on the aluminum block *yikes*.

LR

THX JB, as I look at that pic now I have to laugh as my $150.00 in cars is setting on a $300.00 antique shelf unit which is just about all we own as far as furnishings are concerned! LOL

You know this may not be the neatest car I ever owned but I bought myself a 1976 Matra Simca 1.6 back in Germany in 1978 and what made it so neat was the seating arrangement!

post-18681-13819325154628_thumb.jpg

JB

http://www.simcaclub.com/

Third row last car! Mine was the Matra Simca Murena!

See this Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matra_Bagheera under also called Matra-Simca[;)] I keep thinking Matra is the moniker like GM, Ford or Chrysler and Simca being something like one of the many offsprings like Mercury or Chevy!

I have not been able to pull up my exact model yet but I'm workin' on it!

• 2 weeks later...