Coolest Car you have ever owned

jacksonbart

I've only owned two cars, but this was definetly the better of the two:

53217943_pr.jpg

Not a picture of my actual car...I had 18" wide street slicks in the back [;)] Talk about bringing up good memories...that car was so much more fun than my current Subaru Legacy station wagon!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool thread JB.

Let's see. My Favorite was my 1972 Gran Torino Sport. Starsky & Hutch with the stipe down the side. FAST car. I had a Vette last year that I loved to hate. I loved driving it but it rode like crap.

Currently my Dodge Ram 2500 w/Hemi...It does not pass the WAF though so I keep it parked at our other house. She may like it a little now as I have about 3000 pounds of time and morter sitting on the back and saved a delivery fee.

My wife drives a Crossfire which she loves...For me it's OK at very best.

1969 Ford Torino GT.............351 Cleveland........automatic.......................1976 Corvette...350....300 hp blueprint Cam, hedman headers, Idelbrock carb and manifold, dual Flowmaster 40's, KYB shocks, weld wheels................and my present Coolest Car.........1979 Porsche 911, with 84 Fuel Injected engine, this baby hauls the grocery's........................Cars, you gotta' love 'em........the faster the better.............Want NEW Vette, or Rousch Mustang next.............kinda leanin towards Rousch Mustang.................

• Moderators

A Porsche 935 DP, got married and sold it. I still wish I had never sold it. Here is what they looked like, this is not mine, mine was red with Gold BBS knockoffs. Over 750 horsepower with variable boost. You did not mesure the performance of this car in 0 to 60, the specs were always 0 to 100 and back to 0 again.

Travis

post-15134-13819317766824_thumb.jpg

My 84 1/2 mustang that I built from the ground up (3yr. Love Affair), and designed her specifically for road course abuse.

Siemese bored Ford motorsport SVO block with a full roller cam setup, and Alan Root custom AL alloy heads with the chevy 2.02 valves. Those are 315's in the rear with 275's in the front, both on 18" custom 3 piece BBS wheels. Custom ford 9" with the nodular pumpkin and 2" dia. Mark Williams axles. Full oversized disc breaks with cockpit adjustable proportioning valve. Her maiden voyage was a 1500 mile roadtrip to Tampa, FL. I reluctantly sold the car to a Miami dude to help pay for school.

post-12381-13819317768438_thumb.jpg

I built the Rotus 8 (Lotus 7 on steroids) in the avatar. It would pull greater than 1 G on street tires and do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. Power was from a 63 Buick Special 3.5 liter aluminum V8 with a Carter AFB, Crower cam, tube headers and Super Trapp exhaust. More than 200 hp and 1,800 pounds made it fun to drive. Sadly, I sold it years ago after it had a bad encounter with a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Detroit pothole. The last time I saw it was as it went onto a car carrier headed to Florida.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That car was fun, but probably not more fun than the 61 VW Beetle I drove in college. I put a 65 Corvair engine with a Carter AFB and tube headers into it. With about 150 hp, it would pass anything but a gas station. It wasn't exactly a sleeper, with Mustang Poppy Red (orange) paint and 15" Chevy chrome reverse rims. It was fun to be cruising on the expressway at 70 mph when some Cadillac driver, who couldnt tolerate following a Beetle, would come up from behind. Id gradually increase the speed until we were both doing 80 and then Id floor it and leave the big car wondering what happened.

A 1983 Volvo 245 DL

2.3L inline four with 10.3:1 CR and a
.52/.48 Garrett T3 running 15psi through a ford powerstroke intercooler
and out a 3" Sam Steffanson exhaust. Other goodies included an HKS SSQV
blow off valve, KG trimming KG2T cam, Clutchnet 4 puck racing clutch.

Keeping it all from exploding due to the stupid CR was a
Megasquirt standalone EFI system controlling fuel and spark with an
Innovate LC-1 wideband o2 sensor for refference.

Running 10psi it dyno'd 165rwhp and 210rwtq and got over 25mpg around town with a heavy right foot.

At 15psi it was rediculous.

parking01.jpg

And then somebody ran me off the road at 70 mph one night.

wreck16.jpg

Four:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Actually, after college, my roommate had a red Geo Metro, which in downtown St. Paul was peppy, fun little car to zip around the city streets! In NH, girlfriend had a green 63 MG convertible, which NOT only was a blast where the foothills of the Washington hills meet the rocky shores of the ocean, but seemed to hunker down and get solid-stable at speeds over 85 mph.

Also in NH, I had metallic green Super Beetle with fat tires, new engine and moon roof. The fun part though was Hot Holly and her soft mouth on moonlit nights by the ocean. (Sinners have all the fun! Billy Joel ;)

I had a white Dodge Shadow ES convertible, with 3 liter V6, which gobbled up the turnpike from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Palm Beach to Orlando like chocolate! On the straight-aways and highway, it is more similar to my neighbors red Mercedes 500 convertible than it was different

<-- Avatar... 1993 GMC Typhoon. The Typhoon featured a Mitsubishi TD06-17C/8cm2 turbocharger and Garrett Water/Air intercooler attached to a 4.3 L LB4 V6 engine with unique pistons, main caps, head gaskets, intake manifolds, fuel system, exhaust manifolds, and a throttle body from the 5.7 L GM Small-Block engine. All Ty's had a 700R4 (4L60) 4-speed automatic transmission and a BorgWarner 1372/4472 transfer case splitting torque with 35% forward and 65% to the rear wheels. The truck featured all-wheel drive, upgraded brakes, and sport modifications to the standard suspensions. Output was officially 280 hp (209 kW) and 360 ft·lbf (488 N·m), but some stock Typhoons have been measured at over 300 hp (224 kW) on a dynamometer. With a strong motor and all wheel drive few vehicles from the early 90's could take it from a dead stop. I know I never lost to a C4 Vette (although I did get beat by a Viper). I still have it, sitting in my garage under an 1/8 inch of dust. I haven't driven it in over 2 years. Someday I'll clean it up and put it up for sale.

post-17373-13819317818814_thumb.jpg