Needing 600 horn or good replacement ideas

HarryO

• 2 weeks later...

Crites has been testing a new horn that should go down close to 500hz and is only 16 1/2" wide and 12" deep. I love the sound of the Cornwalls but don't have the room. I have used the volume of the Cornwall cabinets and gone up and deeper to keep the cabinet volume. It is a cross of the Corn"wall" and the Cho"rus"(Wallrus) I'm sticking with the basic Cornwall drivers but have bought a full update on the k-33's and k-77's from Bob Crites. My problem has been the mid horn. The 600 is fine with me. I'm familiar with it and have no problems with the range. They are basically non-existent though and the new Crites horn gives extra range and smoother transition inbetween. I'm using Poplar cabinet grade plywood and have gone through a total of 6 motorboard/horn combinations. I feel the new horn should give me the transition I'm looking for. BTW, Crites has been super and his "playtime" has paid off tremendously and saved me many hours. Thanks again Bob. The cost of the horn is very reasonable and If the new horn tests out in my cabinets I'll be a very happy camper. The new speakers already sound amazing and I can't wait to fit the new horn and K-55's in the next few days.

HarryO

Is that the Pyle Pro PH2380P horn referred to by Bob at Re: CornScalas are sweet - thanks BEC or something new and different?

Bob Crites is a tremendous resource and asset to the hobby and this forum. Good luck with your speakers. I'm eager to hear your impresssions of the final (if such a thing exists) result.

HarryO-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You type faster than I do (which is damning with faint praise). Your reply beat my edit.

The link below is to a site that purports to have the Pyle Pro PH2380P available. Im tempted to buy a pair.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=16186

HarryO-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You type faster than I do (which is damning with faint praise). Your reply beat my edit.

The link below is to a site that purports to have the Pyle Pro PH2380P available. Im tempted to buy a pair.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?Source=googlebase&ProductID=16186

These look like they would require cabinet mods.....anyone know of a drop in replacement?

SF,

One possibility for a horn close to the size of the K-600 is this 4X10 shown on the right. The one on the left is a K-600. The 4X10 is slightly smaller than the K-600 and really closer to the size of the K-700. I really think that even the K-600 is too small for the Cornwall and like to go larger. The 4X10 horn though does sound pretty good.

Bob

post-9312-1381931809174_thumb.jpg