Best Picture Quality, Best Service: Directv or Dishnetwork?

Raider

I have service with Directv currently, and have had service with Dishnetwork previously.  However I just bought an HD TV and need to upgrade service to HD.  Of the two which has the best picture quality/signal quality?  Is there any difference in the compression used? Which has the best service?  Directv currently has a waiting list of late Januar for HD DVR's; Dish is immediately available.  While Dish has 27 HD chanels to Direct's 11, I have heard that Direct is putting up a satellite and will have the capability of 150.  Is this true?  When is Direct likely to actually have this in place, vs. marketing promises.

I am NOT looking for any type of flame war here.  But I thought feedback here might be more objective than from an HT forum.  What has been your actual experience?  Is there anything I might want to know that isn't obvious on the surface?  Any objective information appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

At the moment I have Dishnetwork, switched from Time Warner Cable after 15 years with them, it was the best thing I ever did for my HDTV, you can not beat Dishes HD lineup, and the picture is great, you can try them out for the first month, if you are not happy just cancel, I own the platinum package which includes all the HD channels and all the SD channels, it's thei top package, plus you get $10 off ech month for the first 10 month "promotional thing", I am more than happy, that's me.

I used Dish Network HD for some time. I currently have Time Warner cable as I could get the HD dvr without paying a fortune. I can't tell any difference between the picture quality. I made the switch based upon channel lineup. I needed to have NESN in HD to watch the Red Sox in HD. What stinks though is I don't have CBS in HD. That means I don't usually get to see the Patriots play in HD.

I did like having TNT in HD on the DN package. I prefer cable overall...