New 5.1 System is hissing horribly

Allan

your talking about the PM 5.1's? Well, how long have you had them? shipping is free if they are under a month old. Otherwise it costs around 30 bucks.

call or email using the info below.

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

• 2 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Postmac:

mine hiss during dvd too, very annoying

that is not a speaker problem but a computer problem, if it is only with DVD's.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

• 1 month later...

Now this is THE PROFESSIONAL KLIPSCH AUDIO SECTION not the ProMedia section.

Justin go babysit these two in the PM crib

lesser jokes aside

Allan e-mail Klipsch,also if you purchased them from a store not too long ago ask for an exchange.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

ears, you should read the full post before posting... look at the date, posted 11-30-2001 07:02 PM... it has been over the normal 90 instore warranty.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Still if it was purchased in a store they could change his sub,I had a heat problem with my ProMedia 2.1 sub and it was changed after 4 months!

So you point is?

A store with good service should change the sub even after 90 days.That is why I DONT buy online,the service sucks and when the product goes bad I have to wait.

Now shu shu back to your crib Justin Wink.gif cool down

TheEAR(s) Now theears

i have never had a store let me return or exchange after teh period that they state on their receipts and where ever else unless i bought a warranty from them.

no shu shu back to your subs

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Tech Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Then I had better service from the place where I buy almost all my Klipsch and Sunfire.See Justin I am a VIP customer in the stores where I buy my audio gear.

I am more then just a another schmuck who buys.

When my ProMedia 2.1 was running hot I changed my set.The store owner did not complain a bit.This IS service.

You will learn small High-End places will give you much better service then the mass market junk hangars called chain superstores.

Smile.gif

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 2 weeks later...

Nice conversation you guys got going here :-)

Hey Justin, yer only 17 years old - of course stores won't give YOU the same service & respect that an older, more sophistcated, mature customer will naturally DEMAND!!! cwm23.gif

When anyone gives ME (or the wife) that wimpy "No we can't take that back" kind of response...we simply kick up such a STINK, that they are only too pleased to assist us pronto :-)

And anyways, the EARS is right...any decent retail store will amke sure that ir's customers are well looked after - who gives a hoot about any 30 or 90 day warranty'e etc.....don't forget:

WE the public own all the bloody STORES, it's our call - not theirs! WE make the rules.......

Get with the program youngster :-) he he, as you would say

cwm4.gif

KEV

------------------

Remember - It takes a lot longer to get up North - the slow way! :-)

quote:

Originally posted by Kevzmusic:

Get with the program youngster :-) he he, as you would say

Well, actually, I am treated very nice at the home theater stores i go to, normally once a week i visit. they know me by name, i know them, Kelli, Mark, Joseph (my main man) and then Emeril or something like that, bought my tv's from him. My dad has been buying from Tweeter for years and years, spent thousands and thousands of bucks there probably with all of the projectors, studio headphones, conference center equiptment etc. we are treated very nicely. i am not some punk kid, i am a clean cut, white collar 17 year old who is not an audio idiot.

i did exchange my v2.400's for the 5.1's two months after the upgrade program, but i hardly think that to be out of the ordinary.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

Hey Justin,

I'm just kidding around wid ya - don't ever take MY comments too seriously mate - coz 99.9% I'm just messing - tongue in cheek - like :-)

Actually, you are a decent chappie - how do I know that? - coz of all the time YOU spend on this site assisting others with the audio & Klipsch problems.

...it doesn't go un-noticed ya know :-)

TAKE CARE kiddo...

KEV

------------------

Remember - It takes a lot longer to get up north - the slow way! :-)

cwm41.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers