Is this a good deal on RF-82's??

Frak601

I have about decided on the speakers for my new HT room........I am considering a pair of RF-82's, a RC-62 center, RS-52 surrounds and a RW-12d subwoofer, I was given a price by an authorized dealer of $2260 before tax, or I can subtract $560 from the price if I choose not to get the subwoofer and opt for an svs or HSU sub, which is what I am leanng towards????......the same setup in the RF-62 was $2100 so I was thinking for $80 each on the towers difference, seems to be a good deal......any input is appreciated.

Frak,

On this website- the MSRP for that setup would be 3,344.00.................... can't answer your question about the Sub...
seemed to be a varied feeling on Klipsch vs other subs...........

Bottom line to all this is: 1. Can you afford this, and 2nd- how does this SOUND to Your Ears!

Honestly, I have not heard the RF-82's....I heard the RF-52's and liked them, but wanted something with a bit more punch and substance, figured I couldn't go wrong with the 82's. Is that bad reasoning perhaps?? I have had so much trouble because no one here in this area keeps anything in stock so getting a demo is really tough....thats the benefits of living in central Kentucky i guess!!!.....any 82 owners in the area wanna demo theirs would be great!!!

I live in Winchester kela.............I have went to ovation.......their setup only had RF-52 hooked up when i was there and they really tried to push Paradigm, and I also went to Bluegrass Home Entertainment, whom also had the RF-52 hooked up, know of anywhere else I would love to know, Thanks.

I noticed on the Best Buy Map there are four stores in Kentucky. One is in Winchester. If they have a Magnolia in there, they demo and sell the RF-62 and RF-82. If your near them. you may want to audition them there. Be careful however, for some reason they don't carry the proper center channel speaker for those RFs. They carry only the RC-52, and for those speakers you'll want the RC-62. I bought my RF-82s from Magnolia, and my center from a web site.

Lou

The Best Buy here in Lexington has a Magnolia store with the 82's setup. Personally, I would not do business with them, they always try to push the Def Tech when I go in there, and it is like pulling teeth to get them to actually play something for you. I would use them as a place to demo only, and I use that term very loosely. Never ever seems to be set up right when I TRY to demo anything. Then I would go over to Ovation down the road and buy them from Terry Smith. I only deal with Terry, he is a great guy, and with my experience he has no stock in any MFG. just looking to sell what YOU want. Good luck.

Kelly

Hmm...I was in there about 2 weeks ago or so. Well if a short drive to Cincinatti does not bother you, I know the Ovation up there has ALL the newer Reference hooked up to demo. They have a very nice demo room up there. I travel frequently through Cincy for work and stop in on occasion. Duke Beam was real helpful the couple times I was in there. I don't know if they still have the sale going on or not but you could get the RF63,or RF83 at essentially buy one get one free. These were B' stock items with the full 5 year warranty, but I have never really been able to notice any imperfections. I believe they were mainly in Cherry, with a few black modles as well. Just a thought.

Kelly.............thanks for the great info..........I just got off the phone with Duke Beam, super friendly to deal with, and looks like if he can find a center channel speaker for me I may be going with the RF-63 setup instead of the RF-82 setup I was going to buy, and for only about $500 more....which is over my budget, but a deal is a deal....anyway, thanks for the heads up and I will let you know what I find out!