Makings of a good deal in Chicago

sheltie dave

klipschorn speakers w/ bonus 1500.00 or best offer - $1500

Reply to: sale-250669577@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-12-18, 1:14PM CST

I've decided to buy my gf an engagement ring so these have to go. these are 1967 klipschorn speakers in perfect working order. the condition of the finish is very good as well. the only problem with these is that one of the mid range drivers is missing. this can easily be replaced on ebay. I have these stored at my mother's house and don't listen to them often so I never got around to replacing it. it's easy to replace as it just screws into the horn that is present and now soldering is needed. to be honest though they sound awesome as is, I can't even tell it's missing. I will hook these up for you so you can listen to them. if I get my full asking price I will also include a very nice condition scott 299B integrated tube amp. this combo is killer. asking 1500.00 or best offer. If I don't sell them this week I'm not going to sell them at all because I'll just wait for valentines day to propose. anyway, don't miss your chance to get some amazing speakers. asking 1500.00 or best offer. 773 414 2826

It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

AHf1FtAsY5PpcMYW7cLCRU3NCw1D.jpg

HpAt7LCvCVyfrBCY4FgIkLspuJfh.jpg

IdTcGuAhlstg2vPm53LM6wB4zq0t.jpg

Oh Seti, our favorite grill cloth and a bonus 299!!! Ding Ding Ding[;)]

I need to see if he's letting go of the HK Twin sitting on top of that left K-Horn[:P]

I love that grill cloth too. I have it on a pair of Heresys. I'm not sure I like it on the Khorns though. Looks a little odd from here. Maybe it's Grandma's house throwing off the fung shei.

"it's easy to replace as it just screws into the horn that is present and no soldering is needed. to be honest though they sound awesome as is, I can't even tell it's missing.

Yeesh.

Dean,

Should I unhook my mid drivers since they don't appear to be needed?

Dean has his mids on a switch. He leaves them off most of the time. Mudvayne sounds much better without midrange drivers [;)]

What it makes me wonder is if the mid driver he has is even working. Of course, this brings into the question the condition of the tweeters, and you can bet the networks are half shot too. I also think the pics are terrible, and you can't tell much about their overall condition from them. By the time you get done getting them back to what they should be you'll have over $2000 into them. Still a pretty good deal, but that extra money should be factored in by anyone considering them.

Dean has his mids on a switch. He leaves them off most of the time. Mudvayne sounds much better without midrange drivers.

Hey, my midrange sounds pretty damn good thank you very much. Wait until I play some System of a Down for you -- you'll think Mudvayne sounds pretty good after that.:)