Coytee

I find

Dido has a strong voice

Jem a bit popish but still good voice

KT Tunstall again a bit popish but strong voice

Loreena McKennitt soothing vocal

Nelly furtado before they whored her up in her latest album

Sarah McLachlan

Pinewood Derby - no cd but you can download them ummm try google with pinewood derby - uncross your eyes , her voice is very nice

zero 7

Sheryl Crow

Maria Callas to rip your eardrums out

Michelle Branch - poppish but good voice

mariah carey before the meltdown

lara fabian

lauryn hill

jewel before she became a *****

faith hill

these are some of what I think are good singers, though songwise they are all hit and miss..... though all of them on one song or so are very good

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you mention women vocals without, Aretha Franklin, Carol King, Tina Turner, Linda Ronstadt? If they were mentioned I missed them, never mind Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, and a few others that were missed...........Diana Krell is good.................Come to think of it, I don't have many Female Vocalist's either.....................Male Chauvenist Pig.............................EH ????????????

Lisa Gerrard of Dead Can Dance

Holly Golightly : )

Bjork

Siouxsie Sioux

early Kate Bush

gotta love early Blondie

Lead singer of Combustible Edison ?

Lead singer of The Transistors ?

Lead singer of The Greenhornes

Nina Hagen for being interesting and from another planet

Don't know if she's been mentioned, but Maura O'Connell is one of my favorites. Saw her here in Los Angeles at McCabe's guitar store last year. Oh my gosh! What a voice! She's Irish and lives in Nashville and was the lead singer of De Dannan. Works a lot with Jerry Douglas (Allison Krause's sideman). Giver her a listen.

Don't know if she's been mentioned, but Maura O'Connell is one of my favorites. Saw her here in Los Angeles at McCabe's guitar store last year. Oh my gosh! What a voice! She's Irish and lives in Nashville and was the lead singer of De Dannan. Works a lot with Jerry Douglas (Allison Krause's sideman). Giver her a listen.

O'Connell is great. She performed a couple of times in Chattanooga for the free summer concerts here.

This spring will see a concert with Tony Rice, Alison Krause and Union Station with Jerry Douglas. That ought to be a hot show and I hope to get to see it. If only it were free, but it is a paid concert.

Bruce

Bob's Your Uncle? That would be Sook-Yin Lee, the singer of that Vancouver band. She later became a MuchMusic VJ and now does a show on CBC radio. She recently starred in Shortbus, possibly the most daring Hollywood movie in recent memory. She's still a better singer than actor.

Carol Pope, of Rough Trade. Remember High School Confidential?

Norah Jones, of course.

Annie Lennox will always be a star.

As I sit here listening to Sarah's "Fumbling towards Ectasy" I find her voice quite haunting on several #'s and on each of her CD's. I can't tell you how many times I've posted in "right this minute" that I love listening to Annie on her Medusa cover CD. So versatile and Ella was one idols which is a major teacher for sure. I have so much Ella and Sarah Vaughn that it would be hard for me to even take a stab at what I thought their best songs are[:^)]

Another good English singer is Alison Moyet who sang in the 80's group Yaz.