How effective is YPAO in correcting room nodes?

Raider

I am down to the wire in choosing a sub (Rythmik, JL Audio F112, or Martin Logan Abysss) to use with my RF82/RC62 setup.  I have a Yamaha RX-V659 receiver with YPAO room correction.  I was wondering howeffective the YPAO is at correcting room nodes vs. the on-board correction such as what the F112 and the RT series subs have.  Any experience?

Yamaha's YAPO acoustic correction system works well,but in the basic receivers it is a bit crude,compared with the full YAPO found in their reference receivers. Use it to correct the major anomalies...then use the f112's room correction to tame what affects the sub.

Check your Yamaha manual. I don't think the YPAO affects very low frequencies, say 80 Hz and lower, that are in the sub's range. Since the Yammie is also going to set levels and check phase, I'd think you'd let the Sub circuitry do it's thing on it's own, then hook up the rest of the system and let the YPAO balance the entire system after that.

M

I have the RXV-2500, and YPAO only equalizes down to 65hz. If you're really concerned about good sound, you'll definitely want to hang acoustic treatments. With bass trapping in the corners & absorption at first reflection points....... you will be amazed at how much better your system will sound.