No Sound / hookig up speakers to receiver

lumi38ca

I hooked up my new speakers to my Denon 1907 receiver and no sound. don't htink I did it properly

There are two positive and two negative on each speaker (Top & Bottom) on the front speakers and one Postive and one negative on the rear SS.

On the receiver there are A & B posts...can someone help me on how to hook these up

Same with the SS1 I have, assume they go on the rear not the zone 2?

Also, I have a 10" Sub but not sure how to hook this up as well.

Thanks

post-25183-13819318483734_thumb.jpg

Well I hope this helps,

On the front speakers you said that they have (2) positive and (2) negative connections. You only need to connection to one of the positive and the same negative post, they should have a brass bar that connects the (2) positive and negative post together. As for connecting to the Denon 1907, connection the speakers to the "Front "A"' speaker posts and the surround speakers plug into the "Surround" post. Make sure you don't connect them to the "Surround Back / Zone 2" post. As for the sub, connect that to the "Subwoofer" in the "Pre out" group. The "Pre out' group is right above the "Center Channel" post.

Make sure that the volume is turned down before you turn everything back on and then you can CRANK it up and enjoy.[Y]

James

I have 4 HT recievers from different manufactures...they all require steping thru the setup menu to define the speakers as well as steping thru the input menu's to define the sources.

One of the four does this automatically, the other 3 require manual intervention.

Also, if your using coax, you can't use a regular RCA cable.

I took the picture of your receiver and circled all the jacks where things get plugged in. If you look at how they're labeled I think it will become intuitive which goes to what.

Once everything is connected, you need to select the CD Player source on the front of your receiver. There should be a knob at the top left that changes the source as you turn it. Then once you get it to the CD Player, you need to turn the volume up. If you have no sound, then you'll want to make sure Speaker A is selected (and not Speaker B). Your manual should discuss how to change this. If you're sure this is correct and you still have no sound, then you need to make sure you've got the analog input selected. In the next post I've attached a picture with a few circles to show you where these things are.

post-10350-13819321074306_thumb.jpg

It's never too late to learn. I just copied and pasted into MS Paint and then drew circles [;)]

Btw, if sound coming out of the speakers when you do the test tones, then that means the speakers are connected properly. It sounds like it's just a matter of getting the input routed to the output correctly.

Also, not to be argumentative, but I would question that "subwoofer cables" behave like crossovers (filtering out frequencies)...any normal RCA cable will pass the lower frequencies just fine. If anything, sub cables generally have better shielding, but if noise isn't an issue then it's nothing to worry about.

I'm up and running with sound once I went throughtthe auto set-up again, with exception of the sub as I need to pick up a cable for it.

Just to be clear I can use a coaxial single cable going from the sub to the receiver (red) how about the white...Assume the shop I pick it up can help

The white RCA jack above the (red) subwoofer jack on the "PRE OUT" section is for the center channel preamp output. You don't need to use that one.

You only need a single RCA coax (any color) to connect to the RCA input of your subwoofer. If your sub isn't amplified, you will need to get an external mono power amp to drive it.

Color of the cable doesn't matter

[:o]

Doc, are you sure?? Seems to me I have read that the color of the insulation imparts an overall coloration to the sound. Thus it would seem white would be better than red as it would be less colored....oh wait, but as white is actually the sum of all colors, maybe that means it would be the 'most' colored and you would want the cable to be black, with red offering intermediate coloration....

Darn it Mike, now do you see what you have done!?

Where are all of the exotic cable gurus now when we really need them!

[:S][6][:P]