Underappreciated/unknown Klipsch models?

John in MA

The Epic series is a highly thought of speaker by those who own them. They don't get much play around here, but those owners that I have seen post on them love them.

I also think the Tangent series gets a bad rap.....they are very Small-Heritage like and sell for cheap on the used market. I'll bet if someone gave them good treatment on the networks that they would be very good speakers.

fini is correct as usual. I heard the rest and kept the best. The downside is that they sound great as they are, which saves lots of time trying to make them sound good. You can use off the shelf modern type electronics to drive them, which usually involves a remote control.

Keith

GREAT TOPIC!

I own a pair of KG5.5s and a pair of KG4s that I have hooked up to an HK3480 in my secondary system. The 5.5s are an awesome speaker. I paid $220.00 for them and to tell you the truth I don't think I'll be getting rid of them any time soon. The 4s are pretty good spkrs. also. For their size and cost, they sound better than many other comparably priced speakers from various manufacturers. I notice that the KG5.5s are very seldom on ebay and are very rarely discussed on this forum. Why is that? Am I the only one who is impressed with these?

Tom

I have to agree on the KG 4's. I bought a pair new in '82 or '83 at Modern Music in Memphis and still use them in my HT with a SW10 sub, RC7 Center and two 1.5's for rears. I have had people who appreciate good music say it's the best system they have ever heard. Now they probably haven't heard KHorns or any of the other upper echelon Heritage, but it still says alot...

KG

Yes Arky.......................can't sleep........forum is real quiet this time of day..........have no sleep pattern after operation, takes forever to get back to normal..............

I could sit around and talk to you... THAT would put you to sleep!!

[pi]

Yes Arky.......................can't sleep........forum is real quiet this time of day..........have no sleep pattern after operation, takes forever to get back to normal..............

I could sit around and talk to you... THAT would put you to sleep!!

[pi]

Yeah I know...............................