What shall it be? Heritage or The Newer Klipsch?

jetli

I have a pair of Dared MP-6V Monoblock that outputs 6W/Ch. And a Dared SL-2000A Pre. These combinations are wonderful sound-wise. Now, please don't argue with me that 6W is not enough because I can careless. I love the magical sound of these low power amps. Did I say magical? I knew there are some black magic behind Klipsch speakers. So cut to the chase and just tell me which one to get!

Jubilee..................Klipschorns..................Lascalas................Cornwalls.............It doesn't matter as long as it's Klipsch..........anything in the Heritage line will perform well with a low power amp. I'm sure before this threads over you will hear many answers..................

Well Arky Klipsch Pro had made some really nice products over the years and I've always been kind'a mystified that the folks here have had so little interest in them save for a little recent interest in pro Jubilees.

You know us Altec-JBL guys have never been bothered by big black or gray boxes in the house. [H]

post-6913-13819321109066_thumb.jpg

They don't bother me either. I prefer the look of the heritage boxes over the skinny reference, I own both. I would like to hear the pro line but where I live there is barely reference. Nice chatting but I suppose I'll head to church & we probably should give jetli his thread back.

Tom,

That could be a very interesting speaker. Above 800hz it would likely best any of the big Heritage due to the K510 horn and the B&C driver. The only thing to watch out for is to be sure it wasn't voiced for the theater x curve with the passive crossover.

Shawn

For low powered amps I'd pick Heritage,Khorns to be exact.

Fish is right. For such low power you can't even consider the Reference range. Number 1 choice is the Klipschorn. Number 2 is the La Scala. After that you have the Cornwall or the Heresy. Neither of the last two speakers have the sensitivity of the Klipschorn or La Scala.

Better than LaScalas, that's for damned sure. IMO

In appreciating Tom's opinion about La Scalas (and Heresys); he experiences a kind of subjective over sensitity to some of the upper range self described as "ear wire" that spoils their beauty for him... many of the rest of us don't experience this and love them. Your own ears are the true test for yourself.