What shall it be? Heritage or The Newer Klipsch?

jetli

Better than LaScalas, that's for damned sure. IMO

In appreciating Tom's opinion about La Scalas (and Heresys); he experiences a kind of subjective over sensitity to some of the upper range self described as "ear wire" that spoils their beauty for him... many of the rest of us don't experience this and love them. Your own ears are the true test for yourself.

'Ear wire?' Sounds like a lot of ear wax to me...

THAT is NOT an argument. In any event I've decided not to rap Klipsch products on this forum save to say that I prefer some to others. Mind that I've owned two sets of LaScalas, Cornwalls and Heresys so my opinions aren't uninformed.

Anybody that wants to come over to AA and argue is welcome. Don't expect head-nodding.

Amy, good judgement call, especially for a post from a new member. I was hoping it would pull up out of the dive because the topic is a good one. Thanks for not removing the whole thread.

I would like to say again if Tom missed it that I think his resolution above shows class and credibility.

I have not heard the RF-83 yet. My old Klipsch dealer in the Detoit area closed last year and the other dealers are more HT focused. Withe the myriads of other Klipsch speakers I have heard amp and source have a huge influence on speaker performance.

Lets try something different

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being best) I have heard the following with varrying perfomance levels based on room and equipment

K Horns 3-5 bad when demo used Yamaha SS integrated, excellent in the Parrot house, clearly best sounding Klipsch speaker in the right room

Cornwalls 2-3 Bad room and maybe old network caps; I have not heard them in the best conditions

LaScalas 4.25 Have not listened to them with bad amps in a very long time

Belles 4.15 Mine are nice

RF-7 3-4 I found I can hear the crossover point; Must be even better with upgraded networks. A "3" with Sony SS HT receiver; YUCK

Chorus II 3.6 Better bass weight under 50 hz compared to LaScalas and Belles; mid is no where near the Heritage

RF-5 3 Never heard them for a good listening session; not a disappointing option for further listening.

A new twist to old discussions.

THAT is NOT an argument. In any event I've decided not to rap Klipsch products on this forum save to say that I prefer some to others. Mind that I've owned two sets of LaScalas, Cornwalls and Heresys so my opinions aren't uninformed.

Anybody that wants to come over to AA and argue is welcome. Don't expect head-nodding.

Neither is your comment. Pauln has introduced an 'ear wire' concept that allegedly goes some way towards explaining why you won't recommend La Scalas. So what's an 'ear wire'?

Jetli - I hope you got them. If you went there and didn't like the sound, that doesn't mean they'll sound like that in your place or they can't be improved with perhaps new capacitors, etc.

TBrennan - I agree with you. I'd rather sit and listen to a Cornwall than a LaScala. ANY day!