Military members/ veterans on the forum

tommyboy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll repeat it again... thank ALL of you, for your service.

No one in 3 generations of my family, was in any service (though my dad did serve with Coast Guard for a while)

This dawned on me probably 20 years ago, so during the walk of my life, if I stuble onto a stranger who's evidently with or been with the service, (it began with the Viet Nam vets who had a rough welcome home I guess), I tried to extend a thanks to them so they would know that SOME appreciated their sacrafices & things they went through.

• Moderators

I was not, but thanks to everyone who did, this country and everyone in it owes you and could never repay what is owed.

I seen this a couple weeks ago..............

" MOST PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY STAND BEHIND THE AMERICAN FLAG, BUT OUR MILITARY PEOPLE STAND IN FRONT OF IT ! "

THANK YOU

US Naval Academy - 1981 - 1985

USS IOWA 1986 - 1989

NSCS, Athens, GA 1989 - 1991

Out since 1991. But my roommate just made O-6, and is the supply officer for the 6th Fleet, living in a villa above Naples, Italy. Many others are still in service, I got to see one of my crew team mates getting interviewed by FoxNews while in Iraq (he was a USMC LTCOL, right before his battalion entered Fallujah).

U.S. Coast Guard 1975 -1980 w/6 mos extension to accept E-6 (Active Duty), RELAD and 1980 - 1981 USCG Reserve Recruiting. E-6 Storekeeper 5th District Office and 3mos TAD for USCGC Alert retrofit. Funny thing is when I got my ASVAB test results back, they wanted me to enroll in electronics.......and maybe I should have in hindsight! [:D]

I was gonna say "ELITE/SPECIAL FORCES", but the USCG doesn't have anything elite [8-|]

My Uncle retired from the Navy about 9 years ago: U.S. Naval Academy 1957-1960??, O-6 Captain (lucky SOB). He was a "fly-boy" in his early years, and then Comptroller toward the backend.