klf-30

Tyler Durden!

i bought these last july. i've wanted them ever since i heard them 10 years ago. so i came across a pair for sale for about $850.00 plus shipping. we let me just say that i bought a musical design amp and a parasound pre-amp. 150watts into each tower is enough for me. these speakers when i invite my friends to bring their i-pod or cds to listen. well they get angry with me because they have heard their music alot but not like its being played at my house. so i'm happy with the klf-30 and would tell anyone who comes across a pair of them to buy buy buy!!!!!! i do not no why that klipsch quit making these?

Unfortunately in our current society bigger isn't always better in most people's eyes when it comes to speakers. I'd bet that 9 out of 10 custom home theater installations in new houses being built in the last 5 years utilized in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. Try stuffing a KLF30 in a wall!

The pair in my sig that are my best friend's were purchased by him for $500 a few months ago. They were within an hour's drive so shipping was $0. They are in about as mint condition as you could possibly get a used speaker for.

They really do sound incredible, don't they?

yes they do not fit in the ceiling. this is very true however i'm happy with the two speaker system. going to and a 12 in sub from spielberg audio.it has 300 watt amp and a passive rear fireing 12. then i'm done for the living room. however would like to buy a set of speakers for the bed room maybe a set of hersey 3's?i also was looking at these amps called yammha m-80's circa 1980 they are kinda powerful and reasonable in cost. also the these are hard to come bye i will own them forever.

I got one for you KLF owners! replace the polymer mid and high diaphrams with the Titanium diaphrams that were used in the KI-362's. (The K-792 Ti & the K52 Ti.) I did it to my Klf-20's & the 30's. Really get a better sound IMHO!

The replacements are from Klipsch, They are from the professional line, The KI-362. The total cost came to around $155.00 with shipping.The labor involved is not hard at all, just remove the mid & tweeter horns, then take out some screws from the mid drivers, to get to the diaphrams. and there will be three nuts to remove to get to the tweeter diaphrams. Any questions, just ask. and good luck!

Well, it helped smooth out the sound. More air, transparency, and a warmer presentation. I always found the polymer drivers to have more of a shrill sound to them. Alot of the bright sound can also come from the source electronics. I had a brighter sound when I ran the 30's off a Yamaha RXV-800.