Setting up first time.

Satyr

When I bought my motorcycle late 2005, the seller gave me--for free--an Infocus LP1000B projector with no lamp or remote. I looked online for lamps for this projector and they cost about $600 and the remote about $80. So I wondered what the projector was worth from places like Overstocks and other third party sellers. Routine asking price is $11,000 to $12,000 !!!! So I ordered up a new lamp and a remote fast. Even though I'm limited to a 4:3 aspect ratio and no HiDef ability, I figure I'd have something pretty sweet for TV, DVD, Xbox, and computer. The projector can throw up to 200' distance, but I'm going to play it onto a 6' wide screen at a distance of about 15'.

Fast forward to present day and I'm finally getting around to setting up the sound. I have four Klipsch Heresy H-700s all with newly rebuilt Type E crossovers, with K-22-E/K-55-V/K-77-M low/mid/high. So I have the four corners set up, but needed a center channel and the "point one" subwoofer. I was considering another Heresy H-700 for the center channel but the only one I saw on ebay sold before I could have at it.

I opted for something which may or may not work well with the H-700s: a Klipsch SC-1 center channel and a Klipsch KSW-12 sub. To run all this I found a brand new Onkyo TX-SR503 for $150 which is a 7.1 source but I can always add the side channels later.

The seller of the Onkyo was unloading it because he was told that there was some HiDef capabilities lacking: something about component HiDef versus source HiDef? That is, if I recall correctly what he said. Any enlightenment on this?

But mainly it's my speaker group that I'm wondering about--will they all get along and behave?

Of lesser concern, I'm wondering about the Onkyo and HiDef (component verses source); however, since the projector doesn't take HiDef (and the war isn't over as to HiDef format, or is that for DVD? See how ignorant I am) should I not wonder but just be dumb and happy until I break ground into HiDef and deal with needed equip then.

So really it's my speaker set that has me asking the group at large here for thoughts and coments. I'm definitely wanting to hold onto the H-700s. I can always unload the SC-1 if need be as well as the KSW-12.

I have that receiver and power a pair of choruses just fine with it. Although the component inputs are messed up on mine, they are supposed to be high def compatible. I've never heard of the component versus source thing. Maybe he saw the high def compatible and assumed it meant that would work with HDMI, which it cannot. The HD video switching is done via component video.

The center and sub will work fine enough, but you'll probably end up wanting to buy another heresy to use as a center.

Enjoy!