What's your favorite beer?

ibanezhater

anyone seen the show beer nutz? they have the ultimate job. they travel around the county and visit brewerys and sample the wares.

Great show, Makes me thrirsty evey time I watch it[:P] Another great show is Three Sheets, That guy travels the world to drink. Cheers!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best beer on the planet bar none[:o]

img_biere_intro.gif

I have always strived to get my homebrew to taste as good as a Chimay, guess those trappist monks of Belgium have got the jump on me[:|]

It's been way too long since I've made a batch of Homebrew! My favorite beer was Newcastle until I found the correct mixture of Munton's Nutbown Ale and light malt. Several batches later I started adding frozen raspberries to the wort and that became a hit at the parties as well as for personal enjoyment.

Then along came my discovery of Belhaven Scottish Ale in the 16.9 oz bottles and I haven't had the urge to drink anything else unless I am dieting, and then I settle for Amstel Light.

For those of you that like Newcastle, Bass, or numerous other brown Ales, I highly recommend picking up a bottle of the Belhaven Scottish Ale or a slightly more bitter beer, Belhaven St. Andrews Ale. Both are less sweet than McEwan's Scottish Ale {edit} and imho, considerably more enjoyable.

Hazed and infused~Boulder Brewing Co. The hoppiest beer that I have ever tasted!!

If you like a hop heavy brew, try some Rogue Ales.

My favorite beers are Brooklyn Brown, Guinness, and Harpoon IPA.

rogue beer hazelnut - 100 rating

the others are good too, I work at a liquor store now so I know my beers [:)]

With out a doubt my favorite beer is the beer I make myself. Since one of you have had it I'll try to narrow down my commercial choices.

Celebrator Dopple Bock...always at the top of my list
Hoegaarten - Yummy darn fine beer
Brookln Brown - they nail the style
Guinness Stout - All other stouts are measured against this for good reason...but you need the right mix of gas and a bartender that knows what he/she is doing. If you don't get a shamrock on the head leave the bar.
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - It is always in my house
Fat Tire Ale - I wish I could find more close to me
Chimay - White, Red or Blue...Liquid gold
Duval - Another fine Belgium beer.
Sam Adams - Sure it is border on BMC and is not too cool to like nor is it trendy, but they give a lot back to the home brewing community and in general ever product they put out is good if not excellent. I would have to pick the Winter Lager as their best with Boston Lager as a close second. Stay away from the Octoberfest...so many "real" O-fests out there.

If I had to pick it would be a toss up between Guinness and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I just had a new (to me) beer this weekend. Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA. I hard beer to track down and at about $9.00 for a 12 ounce bottle it is not cheap. Typically sells out of stores in days when it is on the shelf. Well worth the effort to find one if you like hops. See my review of it here http://morebeer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19363&highlight= This beer will now make it on to my must have list.

TKD, Bellhaven is an excellent brew sir[;)]

Triceretops, many of us are really envious of your local 4 sure So many taps, so little time[ip]

My favorite Sammy Smith outside Winter Welcome is the nut brown but I also like Corsendonk's brown ale very much[:D]

After reading through this thread I have determined we need a Micro-Klipsch gathering sometime in the not too distant future or maybe a Micro-Klipsch annual weekend where each respective area of the country has their own little get together[:o] Cheers/Prosit[:P]

With out a doubt my favorite beer is the beer I make myself. Since one of you have had it I'll try to narrow down my commercial choices.

Celebrator Dopple Bock...always at the top of my list

Hoegaarten - Yummy darn fine beer

Brookln Brown - they nail the style

Guinness Stout - All other stouts are measured against this for good reason...but you need the right mix of gas and a bartender that knows what he/she is doing. If you don't get a shamrock on the head leave the bar.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - It is always in my house

Fat Tire Ale - I wish I could find more close to me

Chimay - White, Red or Blue...Liquid gold

Duval - Another fine Belgium beer.

Sam Adams - Sure it is border on BMC and is not too cool to like nor is it trendy, but they give a lot back to the home brewing community and in general ever product they put out is good if not excellent. I would have to pick the Winter Lager as their best with Boston Lager as a close second. Stay away from the Octoberfest...so many "real" O-fests out there.

If I had to pick it would be a toss up between Guinness and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I just had a new (to me) beer this weekend. Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA. I hard beer to track down and at about $9.00 for a 12 ounce bottle it is not cheap. Typically sells out of stores in days when it is on the shelf. Well worth the effort to find one if you like hops. See my review of it here http://morebeer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19363&highlight= This beer will now make it on to my must have list.

Dogfish IPA another 100 rate beer

For Sam Adams I dislike the black lager, Honey porter is so so. I compare them all to the cherry wheat!

RPlace--congrats on making good beer. I've tried twice and both were horrible. We have a place in Huntington Beach that you go there and make the beer. They give you the recipe for the type of beer you want, they have all the equipment, etc... mine turned out very bitter. Tried again at home with one of those home kits, followed directions exactly (yes, I had witnesses) turned out tasting like apple cider.

Decided to leave it to the pros.

RPlace--congrats on making good beer. I've tried twice and both were horrible. We have a place in Huntington Beach that you go there and make the beer. They give you the recipe for the type of beer you want, they have all the equipment, etc... mine turned out very bitter. Tried again at home with one of those home kits, followed directions exactly (yes, I had witnesses) turned out tasting like apple cider.

Decided to leave it to the pros.

If by kits you mean Mr. Beer or The Beer Machine...they are crap. Pick up the book "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" By Charlie Papazian

0380763664.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp

All you need are common house hold items and the ability to follow directions. If you can boil water you can make GREAT beer, better then most you can buy. Sanitation is key and it is a lot of fun. Find a local home brew shop to get the ingredients or go to http://morebeer.com It really is a fascinating hobby ripe with the science of chemistry (starch, sugar, water ph, salts) and microbiology (yeast). Probably the biggest key to making good beer is using a liquid yeast not dried, packaged yeast.

As a bonus it is way cheaper then home audio[<:o)] I can make a 5 gallon batch of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone for about 25 bucks. That is two and a half cases of beer. My local beer store sell a single case for about $30.

Cheers

Pick up the book "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" By Charlie Papazian

0380763664.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp

All you need are common house hold items and the ability to follow directions. If you can boil water you can make GREAT beer, better then most you can buy. Sanitation is key and it is a lot of fun. Find a local home brew shop to get the ingredients ...

Cheers

[Y] I will second that!

My friend and I split a case of 120 minute and Immort ale from Dogfish Head every year. They make lots of kick *** beer. Raison de extra and old school barley wine are excellent also. If you buy it by the case it's only about $6 per bottle. There are so many great beers out there now that it's hard to try most of them. Rplace if you ever get the chance you should go to the Penn State Microbrew fest not just your run of the mill drunk fest, this one has seminars by famous brewmasters like garret oliver.