Mid Drivers: K-55-V or K-55-M?

Satyr

I saw your test here:

Squaker Driver Tests ...

original M looks smoother but it is little bit shorter at the top end than V versions.

But what after diaphragm change :

K-55M Rebuild

Does k-55m tests look exactly the same with new Atlas PD-5VH diaphragm , or there are any changes?

Regards

Bacek

Looking at the two curves in the links on "Squawker Driver Tests" you can easily see the main difference between the K-55V dual phase plug and the K-55M which also has the dual phase plug. The K-55V has no bounce back at higher frequencies but the K-55M does.

In my test of changing the diaphragm in the K-55M using the K-55V diaphragm, I tested a good K-55M, made the diaphagm change and tested again. The two tests results were essentially identical.

Bob Crites

Does this metal net from driver entry can be somehow easily removed (k-55-m)? I've head it does good to the sound. There is no any bugs or insects in my house so I'm not worried for it lacks.

PS.

I hope you are not tired of my poor English.

• 9 years later...

HELP, HELP

I would sure appreciate some advice. I have a pair of older Klipsch lascala speakers. I just replaced the voice coil on one tweeter with a K77M coil. I hooked both tweeters up like I would a regular stero speaker. I noticed that the other original tweeter sounded much louder with the same volume applied. The other tweeter had a AK35T, 24 0047 439 NUMBER ON IT. Could it be that the K77M voice coil from Simply Speakers is not the right voice coil for these speakers ? The only advice simply speakers gave was to switch out the face plate but not sure that is a fix here. What do you think ?

• 4 weeks later...

What you want is the A55G driver sold by Bob Crites; improves smoothness and cleanliness in the all important midrange; after using K55V for about 20 years I couldn't believe the improvement the A55G offered. They need a couple days break-in to sound their best but then, what a feast! Replace the driver-to-horn gaskets while you're at it.

7 hours ago, Rolox said:

What you want is the A55G driver sold by Bob Crites; improves smoothness and cleanliness in the all important midrange; after using K55V for about 20 years I couldn't believe the improvement the A55G offered. They need a couple days break-in to sound their best but then, what a feast! Replace the driver-to-horn gaskets while you're at it.

You apparently didn't catch that he is talking about K-77 tweeters and not K-55 mids, did you....

On 1/21/2020 at 1:50 PM, Arthur said:

HELP, HELP

I would sure appreciate some advice. I have a pair of older Klipsch lascala speakers. I just replaced the voice coil on one tweeter with a K77M coil. I hooked both tweeters up like I would a regular stero speaker. I noticed that the other original tweeter sounded much louder with the same volume applied. The other tweeter had a AK35T, 24 0047 439 NUMBER ON IT. Could it be that the K77M voice coil from Simply Speakers is not the right voice coil for these speakers ? The only advice simply speakers gave was to switch out the face plate but not sure that is a fix here. What do you think ?

Why did you ask this question in a 13 year old thread that has nothing to do with your issue?

• Like 1