Just ordered my new Klipschs!

PoppaPump

I'm pretty excited. I used the employee accomdations for the BestBuy I work at and got a pretty sweet deal. I went with the F-3 Floorstanding speakers, C-3 center channel, and the Synergy Sub-12. I know, I decided not to get the 2 surround speakers just yet because of money and space issues but I'm sure it'll still sound good hooked up to the Denon 2807 thats been sitting on my shelf for a month haha. I guess while I'm waiting for them to be shipped I need to buy cables for everything. Can anyone offer some good advice about brands for cables/connectors? Price isnt an issue since the discount is huge on those, i just didnt know if there was any big difference or anything like that. Thanks in advance guys.

Lots of people will get mad at me for recommending Moster, but I'll do it anyway. I have all Monster THX wires, ( sub wire, composite wires, digital optical, and coax wire) and Acoustic Research 16 gauge speaker wire. I say roll with the Monster especially if you get a huge discount. I personally prefer optical digital wires over the coax. And congrats on your new purchase of Klipsch.

Being a tightwad, I'd be apt to use regular lampcord, or any kind of inexpensive speaker wire. Heck, there should be

free speaker wire in every box of speakers! As for Monster, they're such a rude and uppity brand filing lawsuits left

and right. Right up there with Bose for me.

BTW, I don't shop at BB anymore either (and I soon may be deemed a hermit!)

NP - SAHB - Next

Since you work at BB, buy as many Rocket Fish cables as possible since those have the biggest discount. Since I work in HT and have to deal with this stuff all day, here is what I would recommend for you.

AR Pro II
-sub cable
-banana plugs
-optical

Monster
-16 guage XP wire..Some guys may reccommend the 12 guage AR for the F-3's

Rocket Fish
-HDMI
-Digital Coax
-Component
-Stereo audio

BTW-you can use accomodation for monster, and buy a harmony 590, they are money.

I bought a complete new set of cables from monoprice.com. These cables are absolutely dirt cheap, and yet high quality. For example, a six foot toslink cost me around $3. Trust me on this one, buy cables from these guys and you will suddenly understand just how incredibly high the markup is on cables...

I replaced every single cable behind my entertainment center (with the exception of my speaker cables, they rocked and had no reason to be replaced) with new ones from monoprice, and my total bill was around $40. 

Joel

Hey, thanks for the all the posts guys. I actually got a call and they said my order should be here Monday, which is super fast. They said it was over like 200 pounds in the shipment (thank God for accomodations right?). So hopefully by Monday afternoon I should have figured out the best settings on my receiver and all that good stuff. I'll keep ya updated, thanks!

I'm pretty excited. I used the employee accomdations for the BestBuy I work at and got a pretty sweet deal. I went with the F-3 Floorstanding speakers, C-3 center channel, and the Synergy Sub-12. I know, I decided not to get the 2 surround speakers just yet because of money and space issues but I'm sure it'll still sound good hooked up to the Denon 2807 thats been sitting on my shelf for a month haha. I guess while I'm waiting for them to be shipped I need to buy cables for everything. Can anyone offer some good advice about brands for cables/connectors? Price isnt an issue since the discount is huge on those, i just didnt know if there was any big difference or anything like that. Thanks in advance guys.

did you buy them through the store or the special deal with klipsch?

Also I was thinking of the 2807 being its 650 dollars.

rocketfish lovely 99 dollar 12 foot hdmi cable fore 12 dollars

14 gauge or 12 gauge will likely sound better than 16 gauge, especially on transients like handclaps and drumbeats. Maybe not as crucial with Klipsch speakers, due to their high sensitivity, but it was very obvious with my previous speakers.

Yeah, I used the Klipsch Accomodation. The bestbuy discount is great, but the accomodation is still better =) I wanted to get the denon 4306 instead since it had 3 hdmi inputs and upscaled to 1080p but i went the cheaper route. The 2807 is still pretty nasty though, hopefully i'll get my speakers tomorrow!

Awesome, I finally got everything unpacked, connected, and all the setup for my speakers. I havent really had a chance to test them out much but from what I did hear, it sounds friggin awesome. I put in an epside of House from season 2 and it sounded so clear. The amazing thing is that at only -30dB, the sound is at perfect listening level for the room. I work at best buy, and the systems they have there I have to crank em up to -10db before they start to get loud. I cant even imagine mine cranked up that far, im excited to test it out. Also, the Sub-12 sounds nice and deep too, I still havent figured out the right balance for it yet, still have it set pretty low. Anyways, these things rock!

14 gauge or 12 gauge will likely sound better than 16 gauge, especially on transients like handclaps and drumbeats. Maybe not as crucial with Klipsch speakers, due to their high sensitivity, but it was very obvious with my previous speakers.

You can get 250 feet of 12 gauge stranded copper outdoor lighting wire at home Depot for $48. Works like a charm!

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum all of you new folks who have posted on this thread and congratulations on your new purchases.

It's hard to keep up with the new members, seems like the Forum is growing by leaps and bounds in the last few months.

Must be all the referrals from Colter up there in Tech Support.[;)]

• Moderators

Christie you may be exactly right.

JT

Arky,

According to Colter he tells every caller to Tech Support about the Forum. No wonder the Forum is growing so fast.

Personally, I am glad to see all the new folks coming on board. You know what they say, "The more the merrier".[<:o)]

I just wish we could keep up with welcoming all the newbies. You know....we do want them to feel welcome, so they will stick around.

BTW, Arky, pardon my memory lapse (if in fact I did have a lapse in memory), did we meet you at the Pilgramage in Hope? We met so many new friends it is sometimes difficult to put a face to the name.

You can get 250 feet of 12 gauge stranded copper outdoor lighting wire at home Depot for $48. Works like a charm!

Here in Canada, Home Depot also carries RCA-branded 12 gauge "speaker wire for high power systems" in 250 foot rolls for not much more, and one conductor is marked, making it simpler to connect your speakers right the first time. I used it for my surround speakers, just using the "good stuff" for the center and mains.