NEWBIES; Please fill out your system profiles

Audio Flynn

Audio, no one is going to take care of the snobs, it's an OPEN FORUM, they have a right to be here too, because I think they are snobs, doesn't mean you will feel that way. I don't feel the need to post my system, if there is a question about what I have, I'll answer it If I need help. I think many on here have FINE, BEAUTIFUL,AWESOME equipment, no doubt, but on the same token, I think some over state what they have. You guys are right about asking questions and no one knows what equipment they are asking about, I totally agree with you on that point..............and the point made about location is an excellent example of members willing to help others in their areas.........There are great people on this forum, more good than bad, and thats more important than Audio Gear to me...................

OB..your points are well taken.

I have finally learned/experienced enough to be able to responsibly address a newbies fairly simplistic situation. Personally, I feel it's my duty at this point to help when I can as I was given lots of answers when I started by the older forum members. It sure gets redundant & inconvenient to have to ask a newbie what's in his system.

I have put together a decent system but many here have much better; I'm happy for them if they are getting the same enjoyment as I out of their system. Shoot to me that's what it's all about & I know some here like to change their systems to try new things, understandable.

As to people lying about what they own, if that's the case those folks hold no interest to me.

I addressed you but i'm really not trying to single you out.

JT

Arky, I know that...............although, I never used the word lying, overstating seems a fair word..................I think the point is more to listen to the music, the music is the magic, not the equipment..................and Home Theatre, what a way to enjoy movies.........not for everyone, but I like it.....

What if I have equipment envy and I am embarassed to show my system.

Travis

My system, to some, would absolutely suck. To others, who have a clock radio as a reference point, it would be a revelation. Such is the diversity of life.

Hey Flynn

Couldnt help but notice your system profile... [;)]

What 6L6 based amp are you using? I've recently purchased a vintage Harman Kardon 6L6 amp (12AX7>12AX7>12AU7>12AU7>7247>6L6GCx2) in order to ocasionally make just a little bit more "noise" than my 300B SET.

Do you know what kind of plate voltage and bias currents are you operating at?

What tubeset?

Thanks

WOT

Hey Flynn

Couldnt help but notice your system profile... [;)]

What 6L6 based amp are you using? I've recently purchased a vintage Harman Kardon 6L6 amp (12AX7>12AX7>12AU7>12AU7>7247>6L6GCx2) in order to ocasionally make just a little bit more "noise" than my 300B SET.

Do you know what kind of plate voltage and bias currents are you operating at?

What tubeset?

Thanks

WOT

I am quite fortunate to have my friend NOS Valves that sold me and cares for my Scott 208 (6L6). Since he is far more capable than I could ever learn to be; I let him do his thing with "plate voltages" among other issues and I dabble in other areas of audio.

PM him for detail.

Tube complement in link.

http://hhscott.com/basic.htm