Well I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of KHORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tgourlie

Those are the ones. The good thing is that I work in Brookfield, WI (where the seller lives). He let me stop over and look at them last week. His mother purchased them and then past away shortly after. He got them and had them in his basement for the remainder of time.

They are a match with my 4 heresy's. Oil oil from 1989 as well. I was not really in the market for them at the time I saw them on ebay. I randomly will do a search just to see what is out there. I saw these and it was like a light had shined down on them. Same year, same grill, same finish. I had to take a closer look.

My first thing I will do is clean them up. The owner did not put anything on them, pledge, oils, etc. So I will clean them very well and order the oil from klipsch to finish them. Bring back the shine.

Thanks!!!

TG

• Moderators

Congrats on the purchase. I too am waiting to see some photos, before and after, and your review of how they sound. You might want to talk to some folks on here about the oil, etc. There are a number of threads about that, or you can do your own post, but there is a wealth of knowledge about this which I am sure will help you a great deal in getting them back to tip top shape.

Travis

Colter - You think the Rejuvenating oil first? As opposed to the Watco real oil? IDK. I'd clean them down really good then lay on a real coat. But I've not played with the rejuv. oil. They look in nice condition so they may only need that. I use mineral spirits to clean them. For right or wrong.

I will use the cleaner for sure first thing.

I have contacted klipsch, and I will be able to get the oil that they use on the khorn's.

What is the scoop with the rejuvenating liquid. What does it do? I will look into it for sure as I want these babies to shine!

I will be getting them on Monday after work. Then I am sure there will be some time of cleaning and going over everything before setting them up. I will document everything and start a post. Pics / write up / demo material / thoughts / etc.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks again!

TG