Fuses...more snake-oil or a genuine tweak?

jt1stcav

Everything in the signal path will affect the signal. The signal is only as good as the weakest link in its path (if everything else is perfect, which it is not). A cumulative affect applies. The voice coil leads are similar in size to a fuse. Keeping them is probably a good idea.

my thoughts

Well, I guess the only way to tell for sure whether these magic fuses from the old country actually perform as indicated by Mr. Fremer, is for someone to actually buy one or two and place 'em inside their amp and/or preamp and critically listen to their favorite music.

Won't be me, though...as always, I'm too broke.[:(]

The Tice technology happened to be applied to a clock, first, because the clock was relatively inexpensive. They had other "treated" products. I actually like what the TPT does. I know people who do not. I know people who do not distinguish the difference. As I say on this forum many times, hear for yourself, then decide. I remember when tube rolling 1st started(a long time ago). No one would believe it. Read the threads and tell me it is snake oil. If you trust your ears, and the listening conditions are controlled and familiar, differences are audible. Whether it is better to you or not, that is a different story altogether. If the differences are not audible, well......

The government has gone after the vitamin & diet pill industry for bogus dealings...Now is the time to go after the Audio snake oil crooks that have takin over the this industry...Since when does a gold plated fuse or a $100,000 two ton turntable improve the sound of a 180 gram LP record.... Also $25,000 to $50,000 preamp (phono extra)(Krell Evolution)...extract any thing better than what we use on this forum.. We need to put things in perspective....None will sound as good as a real orchestra...NOTHING.

It is sad when someone is sick and tries bogus vitamins or diet pills and they should be protected.

But come on, its really entertaining when people who can afford it spend $30 on fuses.

Boy I can hear the owners of such fuses whining and crying when a fuse blows................

If you put a big enough fuse in, you won't have to worry about it![;)]

I used to have an Audio Research amp that used $8 a pop (and that's the right word for it) fuses that I could get only at a specialty electrical supply house. They looked like shotgun shells.

Please don't shoot me. I have heard the difference, but it always sounds better without the fuse in line(not saying the fuses should not be used). I do not own these $30. fuses.

Let's say your wife decided to go in and change the fuses while you weren't looking. Are you saying that you would immediately notice the change and would even identify it as the fuse?

Please don't shoot me. I have heard the difference, but it always sounds better without the fuse in line(not saying the fuses should not be used). I do not own these $30. fuses.

Let's say your wife decided to go in and change the fuses while you weren't looking. Are you saying that you would immediately notice the change and would even identify it as the fuse?

Dr. Who, Well said! I agree! As with any of these tweeks, there is a little truth in the overall concept (deeply buried) altho very exagerated and pushed well beyond the vortex of reality. Yes, wether it be the fuse or any connection in the power supply not making adequate contact and not allowing full current draw, the equipment's performance could minutely suffer, say on a musical peak. I would tend to think a better fuse holder might hold more validity, but in reality what your local power company is feeding your house to start with would nullify any noticeable effects a fuse might have to offer, I vote for Elk turds (we don't have moose in arizona)

If they did, the FTC would go after them. Magic peebles, magic outlets, magic fuses -either the world is knowable through reason or its not. In the audio industry, no one sheds a tear for the marks.

2001 - The marketers of the Super FuelMAX automotive fuel-line magnet, advertised as providing dramatic fuel-saving and emissions-reducing benefits, have agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that their claims were unsubstantiated.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

2000 - In an ongoing campaign targeting ads that tout motor oil additives with deceptive claims that they reduce engine wear or extend engine life compared to motor oil alone, the FTC has charged the seller of Motor Up Engine Treatment with making unsubstantiated and deceptive advertising claims, in violation of federal laws. Motor Up Corporation and its principal, Kyle Burns, face an administrative trial.

1998 - Blue Corral, the manufacturers of the Slick 50 engine oil additive, have been banned by the Federal Trade Commission from making claims about reduced engine wear, increased fuel economy and lower running temperatures in it's advertising in America. The Federal Commission found the company's claims of increased performance and reduced wear were unsubstantiated, and Blue Corral has agreed to pay upwards of $20M in damages to affected customers.

TommyK

It's B.S. Fuses are never in the signal path of electronic equipment. There is NO WAY they can affect the sound.

Ooh Man! Why'd you have to go and say something logical like that. Now I gotta cancel my order.

Okay boys, chaulk-up another one for the mooseturds.

post-12381-13819321690224_thumb.jpg

By the way, those are 25 cents a piece, or 10 for $2.00. Just squish'em between your k55 driver and the horn, and you'll swear the music never sounded smoother, and the smell will hit you right smack in the face, for that Ooooweee sensation.

Look like oversized rabbit pellets to me...

Maybe so, but the desity of the moose turd has been scientifically proven to ward off the ill effects of bad chineese tubes and cheap wire. I'm really surprised that they haven't come out witht he MONSTER Turd yet. I currently try to get mine moose turds pattented.

Just think, some moose turd music and catshit coffee.... How's that sound to you Tom B.