has anyone mounted heresies up high????

funkyhambone

If they have rear access screws you can secure brackets or hooks to the rear and not damage your cabinets. I've hung many speakers using cable on the hooks without damaging the cabinets. Don't mess up nice old Heritage speakers please.

yea thats my intent not to mess up the speakers. that is why i want to utilize the rear panel. using the existing access screws is interesting. do you have any pics of what you have done?

These are the original Heresys, right? With the removable backs? If so, I'd be making a new rear panel for 'em, something I wouldn't mind screwing to a mounting system. Save the original backs.

One of the reasons PWK chose the dimentions of the Heresy was so that it could fit over a standard doorway.

I'd be careful about how you mounted it, though. You don't want the back pulling off some night. As I recall, when speakers are "flown" in theatres and so on, the speaker needs to have bolts going all the way through the cabinet so it's supported from the bottom.

I don't know if you would consider 5 feet up high.

In a typical room with an 8 ft ceiling, that would leave about 1ft from their tops to the ceiling.

I tried it, both with SS and tubes, was not a good match for a small 11X9 home office.

Two pairs, both mounted at 8' height. Both are, however, angled down with a reverse riser (2" to 1"); room is 24 wide and 16 deep. Speaker pairs are at far ends on top of massive bookshelf cabinets. Powered by identical amps. So....

Works great, but I would recommend that the higher you go, be prepared to play with the "aiming" angles.