K-53-H driver and type E2 network?

Satyr

I've found a pair of Heresys rather inexpensive but am wondering how they'd compare with my existing pair.

The pair in question has K-77-M, K-53-H, K-22-E and the crossover is a TYPE E2.

My existing pair has K-77-M, K-55-V, K-22-E, and Type E.

The difference in the mid drivers and network: how does this translate in sound and what is the difference in the mid driver?

Help, I was given what appears to be a pair of 53V drivers,(not legible) on K-700 horns. What do they handle, and where do I X them?

No clue - you prob wanna start another thread asking that question and there are a few guys that should be able to answer that. I wanna say around 20W from 800Hz and they're good to around 8kHz?

I could hear enough of a difference, even if a very small difference, between the K-55-V and the K-53-K or K-52-H that I wound up replacing a pair with K-53-Ks in my HT system with a set with K-55-Vs so everything matched. Others have reported they cannot hear a difference. You will have to be your own judge. If it were just a choice between a pair of one, or a pair of the other, it would make much of a difference to me.

• 1 year later...

My existing pair has K-77-M, K-55-V, K-22-E, and Type E.

I have K75K ,K53K, K22 with Type E comming for USA to OZ soon

how would that sound or would the E have to be changed to suit ?

Where do you live in OZ?

That should be a K-76 tweeter, not K-75 (I think). The K-55-V midrange is a physically larger, more powerful driver (also used on Khorn, La Scala, Cornwall. etc) than the K-53-K. My personal opinion is that the K-55 is way too forward and that the HII is overall a smoother sounding speaker. I've had both in the house, just my opinion, blah, blah... [:^)]

Bruce

You need a different crossover for the tweeter.

Remove the 2µF cap from terminal #3 on the T2A.

Buy a pair of two 1.5µF and a 0.16mH inductor (one set for each channel), this makes it 18dB/oct.

The new tweeter network goes straight to the input terminals (from the amplifier) and the tweeter is hooked up with inverted polarity.

The path goes + of input to 1.5µF, inductor to ground, 1.5µF to - of tweeter, + of tweeter to gound.

Realy appreciate all the assistance for all of you guys .

when its completed I will inform you of the results , it sould sound great

I am so sick of the stupid small center channel speaker boxes that are available , so out of ballance with the others in the theatre