K-67 RF-7 Tweeter

WIthout the response plots from Klipsch there is simply no way to know unless you test it yourself. Now, the RF-5 used a smaller driver on a bit smaller horn and they took that one down to 1500Hz. You could probably get away with it but at the expense of power handling. When you stray from knowns to unknowns, you have to measure.

post-3205-1381932163415_thumb.jpg

I see from the lit that the RF-5 x-over point is 2500. I also know that the driver is the same, that was the big push when that product was ava. To get the same tweeter RF-7 with a smaller woofer array. I'm currently running the driver at the piont 1600 at 18db per octave with no issues as of yet. The power input is roughly 450 watts (one channel of a Adcom 5802) Let me tell you what it is most impressive and real to life. (check avitar pic_) I was just trying to gain some more information about the driver. I might change the point to 2k as that is the same point used in the RB-75.

J/S-S1A [8-|]

I have no way to measure/sweep it, so I sent a message onto Klipsch support. We'll see what happens. I will keep you all posted for this will help people with futer questions, and or projects.

Also to the right I have built a separate enclosure for a RSW-10 driver in a factory spec internal area double wall 3/4" mdf enclosure with a passive on the rear. Using the other half of the Adcom 5802 to run it LFE. Them I'm using RF-7's for the front mains with another Adcom 5802 running them. It is a ultimate sound experience / mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J/S-S1A [8-|]

post-25546-1381932163498_thumb.jpg

Oops, bad call on the RF-5 crossover point -- I'm glad you looked it up. FYI, the RF-5 and RF-7 did not use the same driver. I'm pretty sure the RF-7 is a 1.75" and the RF-5 is a 1". To be honest, the RF-7 already has a 3rd order tweeter section, and if Klipsch settled on 2/2.2kHz as the best place for it, you might not want to stray too far from that.

The thing I'm most puzzzzzzzzeled about is I'm almost 99% sure they did a book shelf modeled after the RF-7 it was called the RB-7 not 75 because that is second generation. I can't find any information about it, and I remember the x-over point in that array being around 1700k or 1800k???????????? Do you remember? I remember listening to a set at Ultimate in their HT room on the rear channel.

J/S-S1A [8-|]

The RB-7 also only had one woofer in it...the overall power handling of the system was reduced in additon to the tweeter being run 6dB softer. You can crossover lower - it just means the system can't play as loud.

For any driver, you're usually mechanically limited at the bottom end of the passband and thermally limited at the top...any sort of filtering / crossover is going to change the mechanical/thermal behavior of the driver. Assuming a flat frequency response you can predict the peak power handling at each crossover frequency, but it's purely a theoretical excercise and not something I would ever apply to a real system...

I'm still wondering why I can't find it in the archives. (RB-7) I knew it only had a single woofer (8") and it ran the same tweeter. It would have been cool to see them produce a RB-7 with the RF-7 10" woofer, like in the old days of JBL. (4425's that used a 12") I think that would have been quite a speaker system for the shelf, or stands with a sub.

Thank you for the help. J/S-S1A

This is the network I'm using now. It is a 1600hz two way with 12db per octave on the bottom and 18db per octave on the top.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=260-160&CFID=5426915&CFTOKEN=10721370

This is the one I'm thinking of switching too, it is 2k network with a 12db slope top and bottom. What kind of compromise will occur being it is not an 18db network? I know the slope is sharper so we have less of an overlap and an 18db network is safer. But they come with a 18db network stock in the RF-7 as seen in above thread. I wonder if it will become to harsh with a 12db network????

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=264-258&CFID=5426915&CFTOKEN=10721370

J/S-S1A [8-|]

Then my idea for a book shelf using a K-67 tweeter , and a RF-7 10" would be something to hear, and or see. Maybe I'll make a pair up. I have the tweeters, and RF-7 x-overs in stock, all I need are a pair of non dented woofers. Do them out of 1" thick oak veneer shot in satin black. They would be killer.

J/S-S1A [8-|]