HERESY AND ACADEMY FOR HOME THEATER

twinluke

I'M THINKING ABOUT USING HERESY SPEAKERS FOR MY HOME THEATER AND WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS ON WHAT TO USE FOR MY CENTER CHANNEL AND SUB. SOME HAVE TOLD ME TO USE THE ACADEMY FOR CENTER CHANNEL. I HAVE NOT HEARD THIS SPEAKER SO YOUR OPINION IS MORE THAN WELCOME. I HAVE 4 HERESY SPEAKERS FOR MY FRONT AND REAR. NO CLUE WHAT TO USE FOR CENTER REAR OR SUB. I DO HAVE A SUB FROM A PREVIOUS SET THATS VERY POWERFULL. NOT A KLIPSCH UNIT. THANKS FOR TAKING TIME TO HELP.

I have used one form or another of this for quite some time now...

do you have Hersys or Heresy IIs???

If you have Heresys as you say...I have tried and been very happy with...

Heresys front and back with a KLF-C7...almost an Academy

Heresys front and back with an Academy...better than the KLF-C7 but baby steps above the KLF-C7

Heresys front and back with an popbumpered K-Stack crossover Academy...nice and articulate with authority...big step above the Academy

Heresys all the way around...albeit with a homemade Heresy center with the crossover redone by DeanG...best center match

All my Heresys with the exception of the Center channel have had their crossovers upgraded by Bob Crites of this Forum

I have also tried Quartets as Mains and the popbumpered Academy...very nice since the tweeter is the same...VOICING is VERY important here...I only listen to movies on this HT system, NOT music but it really makes a difference...as the sound pans across the room...seemless.

Hope your search is successful...

Bill

Most will tell you if you use the same speakers left, center, and right, (where Timbre does matter the most) it is nirvana. I happen to agree with this concept as well. It is just not always possible.

That said, The Heresey, Cornwall, Belle, La Scala speakers will all work between a K horn, or each other as well. I use a older vertical Cornwall (on its side) between a pair of K horns. I like it a lot.

You can inter change them with some desired effect I am sure you would be happy with. (Especially with a good sub!)

Colterphoto1's set up is amazing now! Very happy 4 him for sure.