Arcam AVR 700 or Outlaw 990 or Aragon Stage One???

ajcllc

• 2 weeks later...

Owned the 990 for about 3 months. Sold it on ebay -Reason: I'm 90% music and 10% movies. If you like music the 990 is not the processor for you. However, it is good for movie.

Owned the Aragon Stage One for about a year. Excellent processor for both music and movies. However, I sold it after a year due to lack of Dolby Prologic IIx decoding. I like the ability to lay DPL-IIx over DTS or Dolby digital

I currently own the Arcam AVP700. Bought it about a year ago. Excellent processor for both music and movies. However, it shines even more in music. If you like music, then that's the processor you should look at.

Regards,

...just remember to try and hear them for yourself if you can...we all hear things differently...I think my Outlaw 950/7100 combo sounds great for music but others don't think so...only thing I can come up with is we hear differently...some like Ford, others Chevy...still others, Toyota ;)

Bill

Currently I own a Sherbourn PT-7010A and am thinking about getting something different. It is good, but can be a tad bright at times. However, I must sell the Sherbourn first to get the cash for the next processor and hope I'll get somewhere between $1250-1450. Also, I am using it for 50% music and 50% movies. That's where my dilemma is: I want to go to totally tubes for two channel music but need something that plays DVD-A and movies...DD...DTS concerts equally as well.