Colts vs Bears Tonight.... Yes, I am Excited!

IndyKlipschFan

OK, so I built the monster HT I always wanted, yet my Indy Colts are in the Super Bowl... A once in a lifetime chance trip maybe, and being a season ticket holder since the beginning of the Indy era 1984, I won the tickets in the lottery. So yes, I had to go. And yes, I am in Miami florida today/tonight... I will have to get stories what happened in Indy from Mike when I get home. Down here, it is just insane as well. I see a lot of Colts blue and white on and Florida people, fans, and strangers high five me everywhere I go, saying "Go Colts,,,, Beat those Bears!!!" (I have been wearing Colts stuff all week.) A few of you have put me in my place this week reminding me it is "just a game Roger." True, but we listen to "just a pair of audio speakers" or "just completed our dream HT's" too.... Yet we all celebrate with each other on the journey and when they are finally finished.

I have no idea on this Super Bowl Sunday for sure will we win. I hope we do. I hope for the guys, the city, the fans, we do this for Indianapolis. I woke up at 4:50 am. I can't sleep, and I guess I wanted to celebrate with some of you, my online friends, just how cool going to a Super Bowl is if your a football fan. I hope all of you that wish to, have a opportunity to do so in your lifetime. I will post more after the event tonight. If we lose, I will be devaststed a few days,,, And yes, life goes on. If we win, it is everything a pro football fan could ever wish for, to go all the way, win it all, and be there to witness it. Life is so short you need to enjoy the journey sometimes and see and do things with your life, so you have stories and experiences to share with others. I just want to be able to say ahhhhh, I saw Peyton Manning lead the Colts from Indianapolis, Indiana to the Super Bowl.... and win.

For now, GO COLTS !!!!!!!!!!!

For those not understanding a city, and local fans own recognition by all of this, a few great articles below!

MIAMI -- Mike Murphy knows the move all too well. "Every summer, I go out to dinner with friends of mine who are assistant coaches on various teams," the Indianapolis Colts linebackers coach was saying the other day. "And the ones with (Super Bowl) rings are always doing this."

clear.gif

clear.gif

He scratched his nose while not-so-subtly flashing a finger -- the one that would be encircled by a diamond-encrusted ring -- in his companion's face.

"The rule is, every time a guy does that, he has to buy a round (of drinks) for the table," Murphy said, smiling.

Then he paused.

"I've been in the NFL 22 years, I've been coaching this game almost 40 years, and I've gotten a lot of free drinks over the years," he said. "But I'll tell you what: I'll be more than happy to buy a couple of rounds for my friends."

That's what's made this whole thing so syrupy sweet. It's the journey. The journey traveled by this team, but even more than that, the journey Indianapolis has traveled with it.

It's the terrible times in the early days of the Indianapolis Colts, when fans sat through years when a simple touchdown seemed like a miraculous accomplishment. It's the flashes of excellence, like in 1995, when Captain Comeback, Jim Harbaugh, came this close to bringing home a Super Bowl berth.

It's all the near misses in recent years, the gratification delayed, the way last year's joy ride ended with such disappointment, the way this year's run has been so thoroughly eye-popping and unexpected.

And it's the individual journeys, the personal stories that brought these men to this moment. It is a testament to this group's emotional resilience that they have come back and come back, fought through personal tragedies and difficult football losses to put together these four straight seasons with 12 or more victories, becoming only the second team to do so.

As they have come together, they have brought the city of Indianapolis together, united our modest Midwestern burg in a way only a championship team can.

So much of this week has been dedicated to Peyton Manning and how the Lombardi Trophy is his manifest destiny. So much of this week has been pointed toward coaches Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith, and that's as it should be, because we really can't say enough about the importance of what they've done as racial pioneers.

I look at this team, though, and I see other people.

I see Jim Irsay, the apple who fell so far from the tree, a guy who was an absolute mess when I first met him but who has reconstructed his life around sobriety and spirituality. He may come off as a Dylan-loving, Kerouac-reading rock 'n' roll flower child, but at his core, he's as much of an old-school owner as Dan Rooney or the late Lamar Hunt.

I see Bill Polian -- yes, team President Bill Polian -- who has maintained an eerily low profile this week. Maybe it's superstition, or the memories of three straight Super Bowl losses with the Buffalo Bills. Or maybe he just doesn't want to be the story. But whatever you think of him and his crusty persona, he has once again confirmed his status as the game's pre-eminent architect.

On Saturday, the Pro Football Writers Association met and selected this year's class of Hall of Famers. Someday, Polian will be one of those inductees. That becomes a no-brainer if his Colts win today.

It's been fascinating, watching Polian and Dungy, two polar opposites in terms of personality and approach, work together to form a management team that works.

"I think the Lord put us together for a reason," Dungy said. "It's kind of like a marriage where opposites attract. I think it's been very good.

"(Polian) has been good for me, to give me a little more sense of urgency, and I think I've been good for him to make him a little more patient. I think we balance off each other very well, but it's fun.

"We've had very few, if any, disputes on how we want to go, how we want to progress with the team. I think it's been a good balance."

It's been this journey. It's been the hundreds of thousands of little things, the off-season workouts, the quiet words of encouragement, the brotherhood, the shared losses and now the shared victories, that make a moment like this last forever.

Championship teams never die in a city's mind's eye, but especially the first championship team. With all apologies to the great ABA Pacers teams of the 1970s, a Super Bowl victory would be different, better, everlasting.

If these men can win today -- and I fully expect they will -- then this group would be Indy's remember-when group, the ones who would be forever known as the ones who put Indy on the sports map and helped create many generations of hard-core Colts fans to come.

I look around again, and I see Ron Meeks. Nobody took more heat than the team's defensive coordinator. It was bad enough his group gave up 375 yards rushing to Jacksonville, but it all happened when Meeks, a Floridian, had about 40 friends and family members in the stands.

Now, though, this soft-spoken and courteous man is taking complete ownership for those failures and calmly explaining how the return of Bob Sanders, the insertion of Rob Morris and the decision to simplify the defense reconstructed that group from rubble.

And finally, I see John Teerlinck, the human grizzly bear who doubles as the Colts' defensive line coach. He has something Murphy and the others don't have: the rings. He's got two of them, from the Denver Broncos of 1997 and 1998. And he's wearing both of them this day.

"Only wore them three times this year," Teerlinck said. "Against New England (in the playoffs), Kansas City and Denver. I'm wearing them now, because obviously I want our players to see them. But also to remind myself of where we're at right now, and that we've been here before and we've won it before. That this is not some impossible feat. We've done it before; now let's do it again."

The rings seem oversized even on Teerlinck's sausagelike fingers. He started out big, and has gotten exponentially bigger over the years, the result of five knee surgeries and the kind of post-football pain that dooms many of his brethren to a life of physical misery.

"They say the Lord only gives the heaviest crosses to bear on those who can carry it," he said, shaking his head. "All these diamonds and rubies, they're pretty heavy."

How, Murphy was asked later, might he feel about having one of those baubles around his fingers?

He reckoned back to his summertime dinners with friends in the coaching business.

"I'm ready to buy a few rounds," he said dreamily.

Bob Kravitz is a columnist for The Indianapolis Star.

MIAMI -- After two weeks of hype and hot air, discussions of sore thumbs, South Beach and celebrity sightings, it's time to cut the fog. It's time for football.

clear.gif

bilde?Site=BG&Date=20070204&Category=SPO

zoom_photo.gif

Let's get this right: Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is eager to make a good impression in his first Super Bowl. "You better do it when you have the chance," he said. "While we're here, we sure do want to go ahead and win it." - Matt Kryger / The Star

COLTS KEYS
1. Take care of the football.
The Bears live on takeaways. They had an NFL-best 44 during the regular season. They have five in two playoff games.

2. Win the quarterback matchup.
Peyton Manning vs. Rex Grossman would appear to be a historic mismatch. The Colts must make it one, exploit it, whether it's "Good Rex" or "Bad Rex."

3. Control the Bears running game.
It has produced 316 yards and five touchdowns. The Colts must blunt it, get the football back for their offense and shift the burden of the Bears offense to Grossman.

BEARS KEYS
1. Take the pressure off Grossman.
Running backs Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson must keep the Bears balanced so inconsistent quarterback Rex Grossman can play it safe.

2. Win the turnover battle.
The Bears forced 44 turnovers in the regular season, including 24 interceptions. They probably need at least a couple of takeaways in this one.

3. Don't fall behind.
The Colts thrive on playing with the lead, which turns their pass rushers loose. If the Bears can get into a rhythm on offense, it keeps Peyton Manning off the field and shortens the game.

clear.gif

"We're 60 minutes away from having a ring on our fingers for the rest of our lives," Chicago quarterback Rex Grossman said.

The Indianapolis Colts feel precisely the same way. The world will be watching when they meet the Bears this evening in Super Bowl XLI at Dolphin Stadium, but nowhere will interest be more intense than back home in Indiana. Colts fans have been awaiting a shot at the world championship since the team moved from Baltimore in 1984.

"Hopefully we can turn the state of Indiana into a football state instead of a basketball state," Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney said.

Cirque du Soleil will perform before the game. Billy Joel will sing the national anthem. Prince will supply the halftime act, but after a polite week of mild banter and suppressed yawns, the real stars will ascend the stage.

It's a historic matchup. Never before has a black coach led a team to the Super Bowl. Now there are two. Bears coach Lovie Smith compared his showdown with the Colts' Tony Dungy to brothers playing one-on-one basketball.

They are close friends and old associates, but winner takes all. Smith served as linebackers coach under Dungy at Tampa Bay from 1996 through 2000.

An on-the-field matchup that could prove more decisive is the quarterbacks. That position has produced precisely half of the Super Bowl's Most Valuable Players.

The Colts' Peyton Manning is a two-time NFL MVP, widely acknowledged as one of the best in the game, in the process of becoming one of the best in history. Grossman, a Bloomington native in his first full season as a starter, has been inconsistent.

Bears fans alternately call him "Good Rex" and "Bad Rex," and sometimes, when he's the latter, just "Wrecks." In his worst five regular-season games, Grossman threw one touchdown pass and 16 interceptions. In the other 11, he accumulated 22 touchdowns and four interceptions.

Manning led the league with 31 touchdown passes. He threw a career-low nine interceptions.

Still, the pressure is not all on Grossman. Tradition dictates that great quarterbacks validate their stature by winning the Super Bowl. Manning has had good moments and bad while going 6-6 during the postseason. He knows that free agency and injury can devastate a team almost overnight. Now is the time.

"You better do it when you have the chance," he said. "While we're here, we sure do want to go ahead and win it."

Dungy does, too, but he has grown weary of the exalted expectations imposed upon his quarterback, particularly after the Colts overcame a 21-3 deficit in the AFC Championship Game. It was the largest comeback in conference championship history. Four times Manning brought the Colts from behind. Five times they scored during the second half to beat New England 38-34.

"If anybody didn't think Peyton Manning was a great player and one of the best quarterbacks of all time before that game, they don't know very much about football," Dungy said. "And if he has to win this game to prove that again, it's pretty shallow."

The Underbears

Grossman is largely the reason the Bears are 61/2-point underdogs despite their showy record. He is unpredictable, but actually has a higher postseason passer rating than the far more accomplished Manning.

Grossman has thrown a pair of touchdown passes with a single interception. Manning has thrown six interceptions and only two touchdown passes.

"People just keep picking against us. It's a fact," Bears Pro Bowl linebacker Brian Urlacher said. "It's the same thing every week: 'The Bears can't run the ball. They can't stop the run. Their quarterback is no good.'

"Every week we have to go out there and prove them wrong."

It's two-on-two in the running game, both teams with pairs rushing behind a veteran offensive line. The Bears have averaged 4.0 yards a carry and a fat 158.0 yards a game during the postseason with Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson carrying the load. The Colts have averaged 3.9 yards a carry and 137.7 yards a game on the sturdy legs of Joseph Addai and Dominic Rhodes.

That, said Dungy, is where the game will be decided: who runs better and who better controls the run. Precedent seconds him. In 40 previous Super Bowl games, the team that has rushed for more yards has won 33 times.

"We've got to be able to run the ball, no question about it," Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner said.

The Colts hope to gang up on the run with their resurgent defense. They want to put the ball and the game in Grossman's hands.

The Colts are the first team in NFL history to face the top three scoring defenses during the postseason. They converted five field goals to beat Baltimore (which had given up 12.6 points a game in the regular season), 15-6. They scored 32 second-half points to beat New England (14.8). Now, it's the Bears (15.9).

Their defense is larcenous. Chicago had a league-best 44 takeaways during the regular season. It has added five more during the postseason. Those takeaways spike an opponent's momentum and create short fields for the Bears offense.

So do their outstanding specials teams. Rookie Devin Hester is a game-changer. He set an NFL record with six touchdown returns: two on kickoffs, three on punts and one on a missed field goal. He is a 4.27-second sprinter over 40 yards. He isn't just fast. He is sudden.

"Devin Hester is a weapon. He is a nuclear weapon," said Dungy, whose coverage units have been a seasonlong weak spot.

Both teams have exceptional kickers. The Colts' Adam Vinatieri has converted 36-of-39 field goal attempts this season, and he twice won Super Bowls for New England with kicks in the final seconds. The Bears' Robbie Gould is 37-for-41 and headed for the Pro Bowl.

History beckons

The Bears are gunning for their first title since the 1985 season. This edition is neither as colorful as its Walter Payton-"Refrigerator" Perry-Jim McMahon-Mike Ditka-"Super Bowl Shuffle" predecessor, nor as dominant. It just wins.

The Colts and the Dallas Cowboys (1992-95) are the only teams in NFL history to win 12 or more games in four successive seasons, but the Colts' high achievement has been widely dismissed on the basis of playoff failures.

To win today would redefine them. It would confirm their era of excellence as one of greatness. The Cowboys were world champions three times during their run of pre-eminence.

Six weeks ago, the Colts were coming off their fourth loss in six games. Theirs has been a journey of resilience, self-discovery and shared fulfillment. Tonight they play for football history, for those rings Grossman talked about, for the chance to be champions for their lifetimes.

Star reporter Phil Richards

How Star staffers see it

It's unanimous. Our reporters at the Super Bowl think the Colts will hoist the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

Mike Chappell: Colts 27, Bears 17

There's something to be said for timing; the right time, the right place. There's no better time than the final game of the season -- sorry, the Pro Bowl doesn't count -- for the Colts to complete a journey everyone thought they'd finish last season. And wouldn't it be fitting if Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison took them to the tape? They've done so much during the regular season (878 completions, 11,908 yards, 106 touchdowns), but very little in the postseason (52 completions, 706 yards, two TDs in 12 games together). Tonight's the night they go off, as a tandem, crystallizing their Hall of Fame credentials.

clear.gif

clear.gif

Phil Richards: Colts 24, Bears 16

This isn't fate, it's football. But the Colts have been through too much: The agonies of last season. The clenched-teeth, gut-wrenching difficulty of winning this season. The depth of faith and commitment that brought them back from a 21-3 deficit in the AFC Championship Game. The defense will do it again. Special teams will make a few plays and give up a few. And Peyton Manning will win another big game, the biggest. This time, even his numbers will impress. The Bears are worthy. The Colts are ready. It's their time.

Phillip B. Wilson: Colts 30, Bears 21

The horseshoe bandwagon is standing-room-only. The Colts have slain the dragon from New England. After knocking off the Nos. 1 and 2 scoring defenses, they face No. 3. Don't see how the Bears stop the Colts without turnovers. If the Colts can keep it clean and hang on to the ball, they're going to drive and put up points. The Bears' rushing game may get some yards, but it all rests on Rex Grossman if they fall behind. This would not be good for Da Bears. The Colts have persevered this far. Time for a long-awaited parade in Indy.

Bob Kravitz: Colts 31, Bears 20

Because it's Peyton Manning's time, this long-denied franchise's time. Because as great as Brian Urlacher is, he can't stuff the run and stop Dallas Clark over the middle at the same time. Because the Colts won't turn over the ball the way the New Orleans Saints did in the NFC title game. Because the Colts' run defense doesn't give up 75 yards a game anymore, much less 375. Because Devin Hester can't beat them if they don't kick it in his area code. Because Rex Grossman will make at least one or two mistakes due to pressure from Dwight Freeney or Robert Mathis. Because the best of the AFC is better than the best of the NFC. Just because.

Jim Lefko: Colts 24, Bears 10

It's time for Peyton Manning to join the immortals. He deserves to be in the same conversation with Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and John Elway. Winning his first Super Bowl will elevate him to that exclusive club. He can't win multiple championships until he gets that first one. Beyond Manning, it's the right time for this franchise to finish on top. They endured adversity during the season and came out stronger because of it. The Bears offense will struggle, and if the Colts can keep Chicago from making big plays on special teams, Indy will be the NFL's new Title-town.

Steve Ballard: Colts 34, Bears 13

The heavy lifting is done for the Colts. Beating Kansas City eliminated the possibility of another one-and-done playoff meltdown. Beating Baltimore on the road showed the Indy defense to be more than a one-hit wonder. And beating New England proved once and for all Peyton Manning can be every bit as good in the fourth quarter of a championship game as he is in the first quarter of a preseason game. With all due respect to the Bears, the Colts haven't come this far to lose now. This one isn't even going to be close.

Mark Alesia: Colts 20, Bears 10

The Bears will keep Good Rex and Bad Rex off the field as much as possible by turning inconsistent quarterback Rex Grossman into Handoff Rex. They will pound the ball, eat clock, take a few shots down the field and hope for some big plays on special teams. No matter. It's the Colts' time. While Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher talked about how the team is young and should be strong in future years, the Colts know something about urgency. Quarterback Peyton Manning will seize the day.

Jeff Rabjohns: Colts 34, Bears 24

The elaborate trappings that have turned the Super Bowl into a spectacle are appropriate this time. This is a coronation. Like a Masters winner slipping on the green jacket, Peyton Manning will step forever onto the stage of Super Bowl winners. With the records he is on pace to set and a ring on his finger, the only remaining debate is where he ranks among the greatest of all time. This also will alter Indianapolis forever. One of the elements that makes great football cities is the stories passed down from one generation to the next. "I remember watching Peyton Manning win the Super Bowl," will become part of Hoosier vocabulary.

How others see it.

Judy Battista, New York Times

Colts 24-21

clear.gif

clear.gif

I don't think the Bears have enough offense to keep up.

Mike Lopresti, Gannett News Service

Colts 24-21

Adam Vinatieri decides the Super Bowl. Who else?

John Mullin, Chicago Tribune

Bears 24-23

Bears run smash-mouth offense that controls the ball, the defense eventually scrambles Manning, and special teams with Devin Hester net too many return yards.

Peter King, Sports Illustrated

Colts 27-21

It's not very complicated. It's Peyton Manning's destiny.

Randy Covitz, Kansas City Star

Colts 27-20

In the big games, go with the best quarterback.

Bob Ryan, Boston Globe

Colts 27-21

A simple case of a team, a coach and a quarterback whose time has come.

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Colts 24-17

Peyton Manning will not lose a Super Bowl.

Ashley Fox, Philadelphia Inquirer

Colts 31-13

These games can get out of hand quickly. This one will, and Chicago won't be able to get it back.

Bud Shaw, Cleveland Plain Dealer

Bears 24-21

I think Grossman is going to play better than people think.

Paul Woody, Richmond (Va.) Times-Dispatch

Colts 31-17

The Bears haven't had to cope with an offense like the Colts'.

Mark Curnutte, Cincinnati Enquirer

Colts 24-17

I just think it's their time. They've been building to this for a long time.

Jeff Legwold, >Rocky Mountain News

Colts 27-20

Colts win if Devin Hester doesn't score.

Charean Williams, Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Colts 35-17

The AFC wins again and it won't need Adam Vinatieri to kick a game-winning field goal.

Jarrett Bell, USA Today

Colts 38-17

It's going to be all about P-money.

Mark Gaughan, Buffalo News

Colts 31-21

Grossman has to play a perfect game for the Bears to win, and he can't.

Alex Marvez, South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Bears 24-21

Running game, pressure on Manning will make the difference.

Nancy Gay, San Francisco Chronicle

Colts 28-24

Consistency will win in the end.

Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com

Colts 27-23

Peyton didn't come all this far just to lose this game.

John Clayton, ESPN.com

Colts 27-17

It's Manning's time. He's the best 10-possession quarterback in the game.

Gary Myers, New York Daily News

Colts 27-20

Once Manning was able to beat the Patriots, this game will be a lot easier for him.

Sam Farmer, Los Angeles Times

Colts 24-17

Dallas Clark is going to be a huge factor. Shoot, all of the Colts' tight ends are going to be a huge factor.

Christine Brennan, USA Today

Bears 28-21

In the tradition of Florida upsetting Ohio State, the team that is getting the least respect triumphs.

Here's everything you need to know to enjoy today's game, work your glutes and impress friends

clear.gif

bilde?Site=BG&Date=20070204&Category=LOC

zoom_photo.gif

Colts fans Amanda Leather (middle) Denesa Woods (middle) and Shane Headlee (right), all of Indianapolis dance it up inside the Cafe Iguana for a huge party in Hollywood, Florida on Saturday, February 3, 2007. - Matt Detrich / The Star

clear.gif

Take possession of the remote

Hard-core fans can flip on WISH (Channel 8) at 9 a.m. for "Countdown to Kickoff: Super Bowl 41."

Less fixated? Wait till noon, and catch the "Road to the Super Bowl" highlights show. Want just the real action? Hit the couch at 6:25 p.m., in time for kickoff. Expect to remain there for three-plus hours.

Master small talk

The good guys will be in white. As the "home" team, Chicago got to pick its jersey first and chose navy. (The NFC champion is the home team in odd-year Super Bowls.) So the Colts will wear white.

The Vince Lombardi Trophy is 6.7 pounds of Tiffany-engraved sterling silver worth more than $25,000.

Winning players get $78,000 apiece; losers, $40,000 per man.

TiVo alert: This is CBS' first Super Bowl since the 2004 Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction."

Cheer it off as you gulp it down

The average 300-pound lineman will rip through 4,000 calories during the game. The standard-issue 180-pound fan will burn 265 calories cheering and shuffling around on the couch. But the average fan also will consume 1,200 calories, says the Calorie Control Council in Atlanta, an association for the low-calorie food and beverage industry.

Burn up a few of those calories with the Up-down Beverage Cheer: While seated on couch, hold an unopened can in each hand at the shoulders, palms facing forward. Stand to cheer and press both cans up toward the ceiling. Sit back down and repeat four times.

Get to know fellow Colts fans

Who will be huddled around the warm glow of their TVs in the metro area today? Colts fans -- defined as those in the Indianapolis area who have attended a game, watched on TV or listened on the radio in the past 12 months -- are:

Mostly married (63 percent).

Mostly men (54.5 percent men, 45.5 percent women).

Often drinking something other than beer -- 54.8 percent hadn't had a brew in the past 30 days.

More into gardening (48 percent) than lifting free weights or doing circuit training (24 percent).

More likely to have a dog (43 percent) than a cat (31 percent). Source: 2006 Scarborough research

Mull this during your bathroom break

An advertiser is paying up to $2.6 million for a 30-second commercial you aren't seeing. You'll still be able to see lots of ads -- about 60 will run during the game.

-- Star staff and news services

Sunday: Overcast with rain showers at times. High near 75F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
Sunday night: Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 63F. Winds NNE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

grrr no rain please!!!

Looks awesome now outside, the sunrise on the beach is really something to enjoy!

I will wave to you all...... GO COLTS!!!

• Moderators

Indy really went down there to DEFROST from the temps back home, big difference from 3 deg to 75. And 75 is a little cool for that area, must be all them people from up north defrosting in south Florida making the temps go down.

Have fun Indy, back to the deep freeze next week .

Slaved over weeks installing Heritage HT with 110" screen in almost sure (but hope) Seattle win last year. Invited 15 of my closest and loudest friends and reserved three kegs of the finest NW microbrewed beer for the occation... and had to go out of town a week before the kick off - had to watch the painful loss all by myself from a hotel room in Osaka Japan...

Although Indy isn't enjoying the momentous event in his own HT but out did himself by being there... It's like listening to the Khorns in your room vs. being at the concert, I guess.

Ki

I am excited for the first time in years and I don't have any emotional investment in either team. It is simply the contagion from the good people in the forum, I guess the shared experience effect. I was there in New Orleans for XX (bears v. patriots), no tickets, just me and a couple of buds who were fans of each team(and neither one had ever been to New Orleans). We had a blast, the atmosphere on Super Bowl weekend is a lot of fun. Indy, you will have these memories for life, you even get to go to the game! making it that much more special.