KG5.5 vs Forty vs RF25 vs SF3

Danthemmaann

I need some help if you cant tell already. I am looking to buy a good used pair of speakers yet I can not decide. I currently have some cheap 3 way speakers 1" tweeter 4 " mid and 2 -12" woofers in each. I have looked at alot of Klipsch speakers and always been a fan. I currently have a Pioneer VSX-505S rated at 150 watts continuous per Channel min. I am sure I will upgrade this later. I have seen all the speakers for sale locally. I need some help deciding what to get. I always have been a big fan of a 3 way with the big speaker sound. I am currently looking at someone who is selling a pair of KG5 s although I think this is a misprint and they are KG5.5 because they have the 2- 10" and the horn with a port below for 400.00 Out of all the speakers I have listed they all look good as far as specs go. Can someone tell me in order the best of this list to the last on the list understanding all of these would sound much better then what I have now. Then which of these would work well with my Receiver? Call me very confused ! HELP!

The other thing would be I am understanding these are not sheilded? I would be using for surround sound one day.

The 5.5's are great speakers. I have a pair that I purchased several months ago for $220.00, and quite frankly I wouldn't think of letting them go for less than $600.00. I also own a pair of Fortes. These are, in my oppinion, a better speaker. If you have the opportunity to pick up some Fortes, you should do it. Can't help with the SF3s, I haven't any experience with them. But, I believe you would be very happy with the 5.5s or the Fortes, what ever ones you can get the best deal on.

Tom ( I live in the Seattle-Tacoma area and I believe I saw the ad on Craigslist for the KG5's, and yes that was a mistake.)