Help with various problems

Jaggie

Well I've had my 2.400's for almost 2 years now and I have become increasingly frustrated with them. It seemed like right after my warranty ran out, I started having major problems. I have the notorious scratchy volume control problem. But two problems I am having now seem to be unique. I am getting alot of random pops through the speakers. This will occur even when I am not playing music. It is weird to hear a loud pop at 3 in the morning from speakers that aren't even playing music. Also, and probably more frustrating, my rear right speaker is completely dead, not even a peep out of it and my right front speaker is very scratchy, as if all sounds that are sent through it are overdriven.

Here are the options I have been considering, let me know what you think. I am probably just going to get the CP-1 for the pre-amp so I can take care of the scratchy volume problem. To fix the dead RR sat I am going to get new wire (the sat works fine when plugged into FL, RL and FR). What kind of wire should I get and how would I go about setting it up with the plugs and everything. If all else fails, I might look at the 5.1's, but I don't think I should have to replace a top of the line speaker system less than 2 years after I purchased it, especially since I have been having problems for half of the time I have owned them. Any and all help is appreciated.

the CP-1 will fix the scratchy sound, but if th speaker works in all the other channels and their wires, it looks to be that your rear right channel has died.

to test it, get the say front left speaker, and its cord to the rear right output from teh sub. do you have sound in that speaker? no, well then the problem could be the control pod or the amp.

contact Klipsch to see if they do repairs, not sure that they do though Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

I plugged the FR speaker into the RR output on the sub and i get no sound cwm21.gif. So what, my right rear channel is dead inside the amp in the sub? There's nothing I can do to fix this? I spent over $300 on these speakers and they're quickly turning into a pile of garbage.

Well, if Klipsch can not sell you an amp, go on eBay and get one. They are on there often and cost around $100-$150. It is very easy to install Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

here is a post of a guy who just did it Smile.gif

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum10/HTML/003854.html

------------------

-justin

Well between the $150 for a new amp, the $50 for a CP-1, and however much it costs for wires, not to mention aggrevation and no guarantee as to an improvement of the problems nor a significant increase of quality of sound, I don't see the purpose of fixing the speakers. I am kinda thinking about picking up the 5.1's, but I really have lost faith in Klipsch. You simply can't put out a product that costs top dollar that will break down so completely in less than 2 years. That's just bad business.

Has the warrenty changed or has there been different warrenties by different venders?

When shopping around I found that everybody had the v2's at the same price, so I started looking at warrenties. The warrenties, at the time I purchased mine, it was 1 year for the electronics and 5 years for the speakers themselves. Vanns was big about the THX certification and had free 2nd day shipping. Outpost was doing the free overnight shipping. Vanns had the best extended warrenty.

You know that a repair shop will charge an hour + parts, or a board from a used sub for $150 isn't worth the risk of more repairs. Especially when you can get a brandnew set of v2's at vanns.com for $199 shipped. Maybe even selling the extended warrenties??

Can you imagine how pissed the engineers are? To keep working on a basic design but can't get a consistent product from China?

Has anyone had any problems with the non-electrical componets of any of the Klipsch line? It seems to that all their problems is related to what's farmed out overseas.

The proplems reported on this web site could be the results of 1 or 2 cases of out of spec. parts per run on the assembly-line. How that rates statistically, who knows? not my job. That so many of the problems showing up online is no supprise, most of us found out about them on the net, anyway.

But how many company forums do you find where you can bi tch about their product like you can here.