Receiver to push THX Ultra II system

Skistud07

Hi, new to the forum, and have a few questions. I'm in the process of choosing an audio system for my great room. My wife and I loved the THX Ultra II System, and I'm wondering what receiver you guys would recommend for it. I figure I'll spend around $1,000 to $1,500. I am getting a 1080p tv, so I need the hdmi inputs and all those other goodies. Since I'm somewhat new to all of this, I still need help choosing gear. Also, if she thinks the system will be too ugly for the great room, she said I can get the rf 83 home theater surround system instead, but again, need advice on the receiver, same price range. Thanks.

Pioneer Elite VSX-84TXSi

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069789_310985784,00.html

That's what I would get. Local store had this receiver pushing an RF-83 system, and it was incredible. Has all the HDMI you could need, plus the auto calibration is very well thought of. My budget only allowed for the VSX-81TXV ($750), which puts out 110/channel, but I wanted the 84.

Try the forums at avsforum.com, there are some excellent threads regarding most popular receivers.